Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

RA

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

LK

Jun 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

101 - 125 of 766 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Ajay k

May 07, 2020

I explored this course to understand whether Product Management is actually what I think it is and I heard a resounding "Yes". Alex was great in putting all the concepts in a simple and clear way. I also enjoyed the videos where Alex's interacted with the product managers currently in the industry.

By Cynthia A

Dec 04, 2019

A coesive introduction to new frameworks and tools for digital product management.

Great exploration of PM`s role and how you should play along with other areas of expertise.

It was a refreshig experience to review my knowledge and to learn new perspectives and aproaches to managing digital products.

By Yeimi P

Jul 29, 2020

The course is useful, clear, and complete. Thanks for the explicit explanations as well as the description of the tools used as a Product Manager. It was very interesting to listen the different experts and PMs from different industries, their pieces of advice are fundamental for my knowledge.

By Sonia S

Aug 13, 2020

The instructor helped me understand each and every concept really well whereas it took me a while to understand those concepts from a different platform, he explained it well and precisely. He covered almost everything that we need to know about Digital Product Management Fundamentals

By Mateus Q

Nov 17, 2019

Highly recommended!

Being a software engineer, I'm usually focused on the technical aspects of the development and not so much on how the business is structured around the product. This course gave me some new tools and skills to help me see product development from a different angle!

By Ignas

Mar 21, 2020

Great course, many relevant frameworks to sharpen the positioning of the product manager in an organization and better manage product-related outcome expectations from various stakeholders. Separation of PM for new products vs. improvement of existing products also extremely helpful.

By Krishan M

Apr 17, 2019

Excellent course for existing product manager or aspiring product manager. Very useful for entrepreneurs. A large number of startups fail due to not having a clear understanding of the customer needs and this course has very detailed, action oriented approach to achieve this aspect.

By Vijayvenkatesh S

Mar 31, 2020

This course has a very nice blend of latest PM practices including Data science, design thinking and Agile. The examples are very insightful and having Enable Quiz case study run through entire set of topics is very useful. Thank you Alex Cowan for very wonderful insights.

By priyank a

Jan 17, 2019

This course is blessing. Professor Alex has put a very informative course. To give a particular example, the business model canvas is super efficient over pages long B-Plans. Even though I don't write a B-Plan but I do have read them and I can already see its effectiveness.

By Javier S S M

Aug 07, 2020

Muy buen acercamiento a la gestión de productos y a los diferentes contextos en los que se puede crear o potenciar un producto. Se valoran mucho los videos con experiencias reales y aplicadas de los invitados y ex-alumnos de Darden y la interacción con Alex. Recomendado!

By Antonio M

Sep 28, 2019

AS a Product Manager, I'm finding the structure, content and frameworks used in this course of the utmost quality. They are having a direct impact in how I manage my products development, stake holders relations and hoy I relate with the rest of the team.

THANKS!!!!!!!

By Kevin G

Feb 08, 2018

Great course for overview of Product Management. You can download the videos to take with you and watch while commuting. The exercises and quizzes stimulate thought and desire for continued learning. The course also contains links to other resources for deeper learning.

By Ruben R

Sep 17, 2020

Great course, among the best I have taken. Very well planed and clear way of explaining what a PM is, how he/she interacts within an organization, which should be his/her objectives and mindset and which tools he/she could use to achieve success. Congratulations Alex!

By sholitha A

Oct 07, 2020

I like the way the course syllabus is structured. Alex has made the course interesting by giving examples and talked about practical issues one might face. The interviews with the practitioners gave a real time understanding of the challenges and tips one can follow.

By sanket p

Apr 01, 2018

Very good course to beginners in Product Management, I am a Digital marketing professional who just jumped into this domain and this course is helping me amazingly to be very effective during our meetings and staying at next level while application of Fundamentals.

By Ed G

Jun 28, 2020

Simply packed with useful information and resources. I am NNOT a product manager but I work with a team of them every day and my ability to speak their language and contribute to their work has been significantly elevated. Thank you so much for inviting me!

By Jatin M

Jun 29, 2020

this course give a very good insight of what a PM is, the role of PM , agile method and various methods to implement to bring out good results about the product that you are designing. this course helps us to understand the point of user, the importance of user.

By Christopher R

Dec 03, 2018

Excellent course, learned a LOT and enjoyed doing it. Love the testimonials that backup the learning from the lectures and the approach the instructor took with the course. Would definitely recommend for anyone wanting to get into the Product Management space.

By Simon H

Oct 16, 2019

Excellent course for even a highly experience product manager as myself. Alex talks simply, and relates well to real world scenarios. The sample company Enable Quiz really helped bring home validating ideas and other parts of the course to a fictional business.

By Rahul D

Apr 08, 2018

Excellent course to understand the fundamentals of Product Management and also how to go about building a new or enhanced product. Interviews with experienced Product Managers help to understand the topics as practical implementations instead of just in theory.

By Wrath_Of_God

Jun 10, 2019

It is a brilliant course. It has been well structured by the faculty. It brought along a wide canvas of knowledge and stood up to my expectations. I would recommend this course to people willing to get through the fundamentals of the Product Management sphere.

By Sandra C

Sep 26, 2020

Excellent! Extremely useful and relevant with lots of great ideas to apply easily. Alex Cowan is an amazing trainer and speaker. I also appreciated a lot the interviews with Product managers sharing their real experiences. I highly recommend this course!

By Rebecca G

Jul 06, 2019

The content was easy to digest and understand in small bits. It made it easy to listen to the lessons when I had time. The quiz responses to incorrect answers were set up well. Instead of providing the correct answer I was told which video to watch again.

By Emerson Q

May 05, 2020

Fast-paced but highly informative and well taught... Alex is a dynamic and interesting professor that helps to make the learning process easy. Love the 1-on-1 interview with field experts and the practical advice that came out of the "Top 3" questions.

By Jules C

Jan 10, 2019

Professor Alex Cowan creates a very good course with solid fundamental knowledges on how to be a successful product manager. I definitely learned a lot from the guest speakers at the digital product management course also. I recommend to take the course.