Back to Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals by University of Virginia

Not so long ago, the job of product manager was about assessing market data, creating requirements, and managing the hand-off to sales/marketing. Maybe you’d talk to a customer somewhere in there and they’d tell you what features they wanted. But companies that manage product that way are dying. Being a product person today is a new game, and product managers are at the center of it. Today, particularly if your product is mostly digital, you might update it several times a day. Massive troves of data are available for making decisions and, at the same time, deep insights into customer motivation and experience are more important than ever. The job of the modern product manager is to charter a direction and create a successful working environment for all the actors involved in product success. It’s not a simple job or an easy job, but it is a meaningful job where you’ll be learning all the time. This course will help you along your learning journey and prepare you with the skills and perspective you need to: Create the actionable focus to successfully manage your product (week 1) Focus your work using modern product management methods (week 2) Manage new products and explore new product ideas (week 3) Manage and amplify existing products (week 4) This course is ideal for current product or general managers interested in today's modern product management methods. This course was developed with the generous support of the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

RA

Feb 16, 2020

The course delievers a lot of knowledge, strategy and tools for product managers. You will finish the course with many ideas and tools to implement and have more success in your company. Great course!

LK

Jun 25, 2018

I enjoyed this course very much! This course helped me ground myself in some of the core principles of product management and I'm confident that I will take what I've learned and put it into practice.

126 - 150 of 716 Reviews for Digital Product Management: Modern Fundamentals

By Viswanath K

Feb 24, 2019

I have been working as a product manger for last 3 years, but the course has so much new things too learn and refresh concepts and bring different views. I like those video conversations with different product experts across the industry.

By Vaibhav G

Dec 18, 2018

Quick snapshot of product management role, supporting tools and relevant terms. I liked the understanding of product management spectrum and significant differences between new product development and managing existing product portfolio.

By Ashish B

Feb 19, 2019

A great course with several examples across different industries for the learner to learn the subject. The interviews with PMs from eBay to google to startup founders made the material lot more fun and exciting to learn and understand.

By Abhishek S

Jun 01, 2019

I loved the course and there were extensive topics which has been covered in this course,which equip me to take my first steps towards Product Management.Thanks Alex & all other collaborators who have helped me throughout the course

By Vignesh B

Jul 18, 2017

It's a fantastic primer on product management. I would strongly recommend this to any aspiring PM who wants to build a strong foundation in terms of techniques and best practices that will empower you to perform better in the role.

By Evgeni K

Sep 25, 2019

This is one of the best courses related to product management that I studied. Even experienced product leaders can get new insights and think of products that they built in the past and what could been built differently and better

By Adarsh.T

May 15, 2020

WELL, THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE OF LEARNING ABOUT THIS COURSE WAS GREAT.

I ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE ACROSS VARIOUS AREAS OF DIGITAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT ESPECIALLY IN MODERN FUNDEMENTALS.

AND HOPING TO APPLY THE ACQUIRED KNOWLEDGE INTO ACTIONS.

By Carlos A P E

Jul 25, 2020

Liked to learn all the fundamentals concepts and tools that could help me to improve my role as a PM. All the guests videos on how they apply these to real products enlightened me.....I am already exited to try these on my own.

By Юлия Б

Dec 27, 2019

Thanks! It helped me a lot to structure my knowledge and improve understanding about the Product Manager's role. I am from Ukraine and this profession is relatively new, so I want to thanks Coursera for creating this course!

By Vijay K K

Oct 02, 2018

The course really helped understand product management in the most practical way. Reading through "Cracking the PM interview" along with this course provides a well-rounded insight and knowledge on modern product management.

By Utkarsh K

Aug 31, 2020

Excellent course! The course material is very well structured and the concepts are very well taught by the faculty! It certainly adds value to product managers and those who wish to take up product management as a career.

By Kenneth M

Sep 16, 2017

Greatly enjoyed this course. I thought the topics were high level enough to really get a good understanding of what Product Management entails, but there were also enough examples to understand how to implement practices.

By Wessel P

A great Course! Highly recommended. Throughout the experience, I learned new methods and processes to build/ create better products and effectively communicate with team members! Thanks, Alex I enjoyed the interaction!

By Randy T

Sep 03, 2019

This course is really good. I love to learn a lot of things from the basic of product management until how we can execute it during the sprint.

All of the information is easy to use especially in my personal experience.

By Dominic G

Feb 26, 2019

a great summary of the fundamentals and I learned a lot. I work for a larger corporation so some of the examples didn't quite fit with my current role, but I was easily able to extrapolate how to apply what I learned.

By Carlos E B C

Jul 28, 2020

A pesar que el idioma ingles no es mi fuerte, agradezco a la forma didáctica de Alex Coman al momento de dedicar tiempo para enseñar un tema tan interesante. Gracias a la Universidad de Virginia por esta oportunidad.

By Myriam U

Nov 12, 2017

As a UX Designer, this course has been great great to see a wider picture of product development.I got lots of practical tips and many of the questions have trigger self analysis and profssional improvement, thanks!

By Antony J

Feb 16, 2019

For someone, like me, who has no experience with Product Management whatsoever, this course definitely has been a window into this domain. It has helped me understand the basics of what Product Management is about.

By Leo N

Jan 27, 2020

This is a hugely informative entry into the world of digital product management. Insights in the course, as well as the resources provided, will (I hope) prove to be invaluable to me as a DPM and my organisation.

By Gary L K I

Mar 24, 2019

Great course, great instructor. Alex has an outstanding ability to breakdown any concept and translate them no matter the students experience level. I am going to recommend this course to my staff and colleagues.

By Gaurav S

Jul 17, 2020

This is a great course for budding as well as seasoned Product Managers to refresh the approaches to begin, plan, test, validate and scale up what they are doing on a day to day basis. Found it really helpful!

By Kate M

Aug 25, 2020

This was such a good overview of many components of being a project manager. I appreciated the application/activity questions along the way and enjoyed the videos with advice from successful PMs in the field.

By Paula V P

Jul 06, 2020

It's more useful to people who is starting to work as a digital product manager, or are currently at that position. But in general, it has very good tips and advices that work for any kind of product manager.

By Gergely N

Dec 25, 2019

It was very practical and quite relevant to my current position and my future responsibilities. Alex is also great at explaining intangible things and showing bad and good examples plus giving practical tips.

By Tom T

Jun 23, 2020

Comprehensive, clear presentation of the tools and foundations for Digital Product Management. Interviews with practitioners give a good sense of reality and applicability of what is being taught. Thank you!