Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AG

Jun 25, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

OT

Feb 24, 2017

This course was an excellent introduction to Agile, particularly for a 'newbie'. Having heard about Agile I've been interested in learning more and found this course to be exactly what I needed.

126 - 150 of 505 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Diego M

Aug 02, 2017

Very useful. Up to date and comprehensive. Great instructor & exercises. Appreciate to have a background running project to apply the lessons on.

By Alison W

Sep 24, 2017

Incredibly informative, Professor Cowan was excellent. Loved the sketching, marking on the fantastic engaging slides. Very useful, all material.

By Andre L

May 26, 2019

Very well structured and focused onlie course that provides a good introduction into agile and links it to the design thinking process. Thanks.

By Eric S

May 25, 2016

This course has given me really valuable methodology to thing about new processes, how it is important for users and for the company overall.

By Annette S

Sep 10, 2019

Great course. Challenging. Brings new perspective and deep knowledge about the persons I want to innovate for. Very good Material available.

By Vyju I

Oct 22, 2018

Very well designed course. Certainly recommend it, whether you are new to agile or want to brush up your skills. It is well worth the time!

By Elli M

Aug 06, 2018

Excellent course. Very helpful and easy to follow with great tests and helpful content. The assignments are very interesting too.Thank you.

By Ricardo T

Oct 01, 2018

Amazing Course , i learned a lot, makes me see think a lot about other workers and colleagues how they feel what is important and so on !

By Sara B

Nov 16, 2019

Great videos. Easy to follow. Make sure you have an idea for your persona and project early on so you can follow along with that in mind.

By Nick O

Feb 07, 2018

95% of questions have the answer "A" as correct, which takes away from having to engage with the questions embedded with the powerpoint.

By Tommy S

Mar 25, 2018

A practical guide to how to combine current design concepts, like design thinking, personas, user stories etc., into a actual workflow.

By Rahil N

Feb 08, 2018

Very good course for beginners and professionals of how to design the very basic thinking as a base to start any project in Agile flow.

By Ariel A

Dec 03, 2017

Very good course for Design Thinking and Exams are one of the best so far which will help the people like me learn the actual lessons.

By Monica S

May 09, 2018

This introduction course was great!, I've learned so much and understood a lot form the videos and the website. Super well explained.

By amina m

Mar 20, 2020

Very satisfied with the course as I'm new to agile and design thinking, the course has given me a practical perspective of them both

By Nicholas P

May 07, 2020

All-star professor. This course was really applicable to my work and gave me new insights going back. Really outstanding professor.

By Brian

Sep 10, 2017

I really enjoyed the linkage between design thinking and Agile. Also, the 5th class addressing IT projects was a great added bonus.

By Lahore K M

Mar 04, 2020

Great Course, Learned a lot. Great Instructor. I just wish the assignments were graded by a professor rather than another student.

By Mike M

Aug 14, 2019

Nice configuration with clear instructions. Videos were very well done! I learned a lot in a relatively short period - good ROI!

By Max-Elie S

Mar 01, 2018

Thanks for putting this out there. Not sure how I would get all this insight into software industry best/great practice otherwise.

By Anna Y

Jan 02, 2018

Intensive, but incredibly informative and useful course! I recommend it to everyone who want to improve Project Management skills.

By Manuel C R d S J

Apr 10, 2019

Week 3 was harder than the other weeks, I had no design thinking background and designing a persona took me way more than 3 hours

By Catalina T P

Alex Cowan explica la materia de forma muy amena y cercana, el curso es muy interesante, ideal para profundizar en el mundo AGIL

By Makeda G

Mar 31, 2016

I'm learning so much.

So excited to share this process and these principles in education, in business and my personal pursuits!!

By José L P C

Jul 09, 2019

Excelente curso, me permitió aprender mas sobre la metodologia agil y la importancia en la generacion de valor para el cliente.