Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA
Sep 8, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

AG
Jun 24, 2020

Thank you for this course. I get know experience and knowledge in using different kinds of online tools which are useful and effective. I'll use some of them during my lessons. And lots of thanks.

126 - 150 of 760 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Family A

Jan 22, 2020

It was a wonderful exercise for me to have a unique understanding to the specific people having a specific task. I really groomed myself after having this course in my professional life.

By Srujana D

Feb 5, 2020

This course really helped me to approach Agile in a whole new way. I have a lot to take away from this course. I would really implement my learning from this course into my daily work.

By Nneka O

Oct 28, 2018

Excellent course to immerse me into this new world of Agile. Appreciated the details and consistency of examples to build my understanding. Enjoying this journey to new understanding.

By Kritanjali M

Aug 22, 2020

A complete and perfect guidance for people willing to learn or already working on Agile. Assignment provides a hands on experience, which helps to work and move on the path of Agile

By Hüsnü Y

Feb 8, 2018

All kind of professional should take this course. It will add definitely different point of view in your career and even in your personal life. Thank you Alex for this great course.

By Robert S

Feb 18, 2021

I gained a great deal of practical knowledge that with vastly my approach to Agile going forward. I highly recommend this course to any Agilist looking to improve their skill sets.

By Gisleine G N

Nov 29, 2020

I loved the simplicity in understanding Agile concepts. The course is super interesting, I just couldn't stop watching the videos. Alex Cowan is incredible. I recommend the course!

By Sanja T

Oct 14, 2019

Thank you very much for a well prepared and well done course. A balanced ratio of video learning, quizzes and exams of knowledge allowed me nice and useful learning for the future.

By Eduardo A M

Sep 21, 2020

Great insight into customer focused development. Still a leap to go for non software products, but way closer that anything I crossed before. Absolutelly worth the time and effort

By Anthony M

Apr 7, 2020

I would have given it 4 stars only because when stuck on something, I really didn't know who to go to but if you review the lessons, you can easily find what you are looking for .

By Rachel H

Jun 5, 2016

Watching the videos has made taking this unit much easier and more efficient. The material is at the right level of detail and each topic is explained well. Love Coursera also!

By Abu S A

Jul 25, 2020

Very ideal for working professional. Lot of new materials as processes and Agile challenges are evolving, a good course to enroll. Lot of earning happened with challenges..

By moira d

Jun 28, 2020

really enjoyed this course, learnt quite a lot of new techniques which I will put into practice, very practical, pulling it all together in the assignment was very beneficial

By Lucas D P

Jul 13, 2019

An incredible opportunity for nontechnical cofounders. It helped me articulate my user's needs to my developers clearly. It drove a lot more value in our product development.

By S k

Aug 26, 2017

well thought out and structured class. The inclusion of skits were particularly useful. Enjoyed the class as it has practical application to my work with tools and practices.

By Andro S

Jan 13, 2018

A beneficial course for anybody who is in software or solution development. Either a manager or team, it gives insight into collaboration and customer's need identification.

By Nino G

Oct 27, 2020

I liked the course very much. When I started everything was so new to me. Now I look back & I can talk about I've learnt and I can use all I've learnt. Excellent course.

By HARINDRA W P

Jun 21, 2020

Awesome course on how we develop empathy and understand how our persona think, see, feel and do things to identify problem scenario and deliver better value proposition.

By Matthew B

Jan 5, 2019

Great course. Alex does an excellent job stepping through the materials and providing supporting resources. I really like how he structures /presents the subject matter.

By Amadou

Apr 21, 2016

Just a wonderful course filled with rich details and priceless experiences. A must-see for all those seriously interested in management, whatever your field or industry.

By Subramanya S

Oct 22, 2018

This is a nice course for people who want to clearly understand what is a customer's need by asking them the right questions and documenting them in a structured manner

By Lizz J

Mar 22, 2016

Very practical course with lots of worked examples and templates - I can immediately relate this to my work and wish I had known some of these techniques in the past!

By Runjhun P

Feb 11, 2019

Course is well designed to undertand the persona and problem scenarios. Also, it give good insights as to how to write effective user stories and related test cases.

By Gonçalo E

May 14, 2019

Fundamentally Strong in Process and Lean value ( delivering what the customers really means), also with great "gut" to go out there and experiment and then decide.

By Fajar P

Nov 19, 2020

Great course. The elements are tightly linked. There are skits provided that make it clearer. There are well-known people who share their insights into the class.