Back to Agile Meets Design Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Agile Meets Design Thinking by University of Virginia

Despite everyone's good intentions, hard work and solid ideas, too many teams end up creating products that no one wants, no one can use, and no one buys. But it doesn't have to be this way. Agile and design thinking offer a different--and effective--approach to product development, one that results in valuable solutions to meaningful problems. In this course, you’ll learn how to determine what's valuable to a user early in the process--to frontload value--by focusing your team on testable narratives about the user and creating a strong shared perspective. As a Project Management Institute (PMI®) Registered Education Provider, the University of Virginia Darden School of Business has been approved by PMI to issue 25 professional development units (PDUs) for this course, which focuses on core competencies recognized by PMI. (Provider #2122) This course is supported by the Batten Institute at UVA’s Darden School of Business. The Batten Institute’s mission is to improve the world through entrepreneurship and innovation: www.batteninstitute.org....

AA

Sep 09, 2020

I absolutely recommend this course for everyone who really wants to develop their skill or want to learn new skills. this amazing course will assist you to understand the user in a more strategic way.

TG

Oct 24, 2017

Rich and well-structured content about Agile and Design Thinking, shows how to approach and include personas that will somehow be touched by the solution being created, and deliver outcomes to them.

526 - 550 of 614 Reviews for Agile Meets Design Thinking

By Jyotsna J

Oct 29, 2019

Its a good course but little more examples and description on User stories, Storyboard would have been helpful.

the course is extensive but concept register on mind is very little. More objective quizzes might make it more interesting.

By Troy S

Jul 05, 2016

I thought the course was very informative and a great foundation for the new few courses I plan to take. I only wish there was a better summary after completing each week. Better material to study vs a very long document to review.

By Naaktgeboren

Aug 06, 2017

Overal, this course delivers basic and theoretical concepts regarding agile. However, I'd like to see more concrete practices in real world applications. Maybe later courses could touch deeper on the practicality side of agile.

By Pushenko E

Feb 12, 2020

A very interesting approach, I learned a lot.

This course might be a little bit hard for a non-native English speaker (I am confident in my English but sometimes I couldn't figure out what the authors meant by quiz questions).

By Leonardo M R

Mar 11, 2020

Didática do professor é excelente.

Material também é muito bom.

Único ponto não tão positivo são os vídeos que simulam as situações reais. Achei muito superficiais e não agregaram tanto assim no curso. De resto, excelente.

By Solange S D P

Oct 28, 2018

I really enjoyed the material and the video lessons. But I am very annoyed with the evaluation method that students use, where they do not really care about analyzing the content and end up harming their study colleagues.

By Elisabet J T

Jan 02, 2017

It is good in general.The instructor is thorough and provides lots of information and useful templates. I feel sometimes there are missing links in the explanation. The work load is fair and the exercises are helpful.

By Rizwan Z

Oct 14, 2017

This is a great course for learners who want to get a flavor of how design and agile meet. Not so much a course if you would like to create a new product. Really great for people who are already working on software.

By Carl S G

Aug 27, 2019

Nice and informative training. The reason I don't give a full score is that I don't think the Peer Review works as intended. It seems to me that most people just give a full score and don't bother to comment at all.

By Alen B

Sep 02, 2020

In general, a good course but I miss more deep information on how to do better personas. Also the examples with the people doing an example in ¨real life¨are not helping at all.

By Rinoj N

Aug 28, 2020

Learned a lot about personas and how to draft one. I didn't know that before making a product or software, a team goes through this much research on their potential users.

By Juan D C U

Jul 27, 2020

Un muy buen curso. Útil para identificar las necesidades de nuestros potenciales clientes y aplicar la metodología ágil para validar las propuestas de valor.

By Monia C

Apr 08, 2018

The course is full of tips and tricks, and since I already have some experience on both Agile and Design Thinking, it really helped me connecting the dots.

By NITIN K P

Aug 10, 2020

Course was great! Alex touched most of the Design-Thinking fundamentals. Could have gone little more into details on prototyping and usability testing.

By Rebecca A

Jul 26, 2017

Terrific overview. Great materials to be used again and again. Good use of exercises to really help grasp the concepts and put into practice.

By Alexandre A

Apr 16, 2020

Good introduction to design thinking tools applied to agile methodology. Good level of examples to clarify use of tools on daily life

By Kathy D

Jul 19, 2017

Wonderful teaching technique for working students that don't have an extraordinary amount of time. The only issue I had with the cou

By Lizelle Y S

Jul 23, 2019

Like the course

Don't like coursera..... They take my money and I have to struggle to get access to submit assignments... NOT COOL!!

By Manuel A S A

May 05, 2020

I think it's a good course, but more oriented to product design. I thought it will be covering more on software development.

By Susan M

Jul 24, 2019

Only challenge is getting people to grade your assignments in a timely manner but the assignments and the course is great.

By Davi M L

Apr 05, 2020

Excellent videos, very practical examples and good instructor.

It could be better if had some additional reading material.

By Kostadin P

Sep 15, 2020

Videos could be fewer, a bit longer. Split in large number of short clips made it harder for me to follow the storyline.

By Lauren R

Sep 29, 2017

I liked the practical application, but the skits were so cheesy I just ended up fast forwarding, but the material was re

By Anabelle

Jul 04, 2017

Great course I learned a lot about the topic that I'm using some of the main concepts for the projects at my work.

By ravi t s

Jul 05, 2020

This course, really helped us shape up a story from an idea to value proposition with measurable action stories