Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW
May 7, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

1601 - 1625 of 1,646 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Hamesuda M

Apr 20, 2020

I feel like points the instructor talking are not well-organized. It's hard to follow and sometimes it's just full of reading (from what he already wrote down).

By Aliza R

Sep 1, 2020

The principles I'm sure are highly useful, but it's poorly explained and hard to follow.

By András K

Apr 1, 2018

Typical university course: low level of practical understanding or usability.

By Bernard, P L P

Lecturer was not very clear and made the experience not as easy as it should

By Lidija Z

Jun 11, 2020

I dont dowloand my certificate complete please help me

By Shriti s

Jul 6, 2020

It could have been better with more important topics

By Jazl K

Sep 19, 2020

last week very bad class no proper explanations

By Ubald B

May 3, 2020

Was expecting more analytics content.

By Jaydip P

Sep 14, 2020

The course content is average.

By Rishi

Nov 11, 2015

Difficult to follow.

By Hanieh S O

Jan 13, 2021

In the business worlds, we should be updated and of course the courses or books older than 5 years must be remade in order to have sufficient efficiency. Sorry but I found it really basic. Maybe it was a great course at the time but now this type of general information could be found anywhere in the web.

The title does not match with what we call analytics today, with all these big data in marketing and what digital business plans has brought for marketers to be analyzed, perhaps it could be renamed. In my opinion the course in presenting general information about marketing basics but not marketing analytics in 2021.

By Surendra M

Apr 22, 2020

That portion of CLV in week 3. I don't know how he calculated the 5 years CLV and then how he wrongly derives the formula of CLV for credit users. He himself told in the video that he is not good in maths, I didn't complete that course after that much confusion.

By Tiffany F

Feb 7, 2021

Felt like the course was very outdated and the teacher didn't go in-depth with explanation of terms/ ideas. Learned more through the practice quizzes and trial and error, than listening to the teacher talk. Did I learn a few things, yes. Was it worth $80, no.

By Rashi N

Jul 8, 2020

I haven't recieved my week 4 peer graded assignment grade yet and i am waiting for it from a month.

Please please please provide me with the grade so i can receive my certificate.

Please i request you to provide my grade it's been a month now.

By mounika c s

Nov 16, 2020

My course was completed in June but the grades are not assigned even till today Aug 17, 2020. I did reset my course timeline once and even now it's asking me to rest again.

The main problem is no customer support to assist during such issues.

By Mohamed W H

Jul 6, 2020

I am really desperate, it is a waste of time, training without explanations 1000 different terms for one thing, complication, disorder, inexplicit, not at all clear

it doesn't even deserve a star

By Victorino d O N

Apr 7, 2020

I quit . there are several problems The professor does not explain some points in the lecture, some of th the quizzes do not work properly.

By John L T

Sep 8, 2020

peer eval doesnt work and nobody checked my outputs... lost my interest after a few weeks since theres no progress on these concerns

By Marcello D F

May 9, 2020

Not very in depth. Half of the peer reviewed assignments I marked people had cheated on. Not suggested for Data Scientists.

By Abdullah A S

Aug 4, 2020

Some videos are not full in duration. The instructors Indian accent hurts my ear. He did mistakes in several points too.

By Wedrick A E

Jul 9, 2020

I can't understand some of the topics and has some very vague explanations. I also don't like how the quiz are phrased.

By Peng S

Apr 22, 2021

the concept terms are too many, the expression is difficult to understand, courses are either too easy or too hard

By Ximena B

The instructor doesn't delve too much to explain formulas and methods about how to handle metrics and figures.

By Pooja b

Jul 16, 2020

People are falsely giving me wrong marks in the assignment and it keeps getting hard every coming week.

By SAURABH R G

Mar 6, 2021

The course was for free when started and while submitting every assignment they as to purchase. Why?