Back to Marketing Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Marketing Analytics by University of Virginia

Organizations large and small are inundated with data about consumer choices. But that wealth of information does not always translate into better decisions. Knowing how to interpret data is the challenge -- and marketers in particular are increasingly expected to use analytics to inform and justify their decisions. Marketing analytics enables marketers to measure, manage and analyze marketing performance to maximize its effectiveness and optimize return on investment (ROI). Beyond the obvious sales and lead generation applications, marketing analytics can offer profound insights into customer preferences and trends, which can be further utilized for future marketing and business decisions. This course, developed at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia, gives you the tools to measure brand and customer assets, understand regression analysis, and design experiments as a way to evaluate and optimize marketing campaigns. You'll leave the course with a solid understanding of how to use marketing analytics to predict outcomes and systematically allocate resources. You can follow my posts in Twitter, @rajkumarvenk, and on linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/education-marketing. Thanks, Raj Professor of Business Administration at Darden...

AG

Great course.Coursera provides wonderful opportunity for analytics learners through the course.Well designed course packed with assignments.Just Loved every lessons of the course.Thank you Coursera.☺

SW

May 08, 2020

This was a good and challenging course. It really gave me the basic foundations of marketing.\n\nIt challenged me to think and I enjoyed the projects that were incorporated to give hands on training.

26 - 50 of 1,129 Reviews for Marketing Analytics

By Corina

Jun 09, 2020

Thank you so much, that has been an awesome update on my ten years marketing skills... balancing the long and the short term analytics of all marketing activities is key to evolve in this -technology driven- future of ours... THANK YOU professor Rajkumar Venkatesan to lead me through brand architectures, designing experiments, measuring customer lifetime value and regressions in such a pleasant and constructive way. Also all other people involved as also the study fellows in our WhatsApp group that supported each other along the way without telling answers. GREAT!

By Erica P

Jun 25, 2020

Raj made what could be a stale topic rather fun, and he will make you eat your vegetables (you'll see). However, he skips over some elements that you may have to figure out in the practice quizzes. There are two peer-reviewed projects that a lot of people seemed to not meet the requirements for or plagiarize the professor's examples, then give bad marks in return for quality work because we all review at the same time. That's unfair, but I still enjoyed the course and learned a lot.

By Lisa D W

Mar 08, 2020

Great introduction to what goes into Marketing Analytics. The five-week course goes through different topics in an easy to understand manner; it gives a great basis to anyone who's interested in the topic. The quizzes and the two "essays" (one is creating a brand architecture for two different brands and comparing them, the other is designing a marketing experiment) were just difficult enough that you were forced to truly understand the course material before attempting them.

By harshit a

The Course is really good, and helps you increase your knowledge as well as your skills. As nothing comes with perfection there are a few things that can be improved like a better understanding could be given on why things are done like that rather than telling to do so. eg break even lift is really not clear to many people and the forum threads doesn't really work always as nobody knows. The faculty should also check forum threads time to time. Overall its q great course.

By Trina A L

I've learned a lot about marketing analytics in just 5 weeks and, though the topic is quite complex, it was an enjoyable and enlightening experience for me. For someone who can easily get lost in numbers, I was able to follow the computation thanks to Raj's step-by-step process. Sometimes, it could be confusing for me, especially if more numbers were presented, but I love that I could get back to the lessons several times for me to review and understand at my own pace.

By Mark R

Aug 24, 2016

I would recommend this course to anyone who is looking to learn some high-level methods of assess a business' value, customer value and product value. The course also provided methods of measuring the bottom line contributions of previous, current and planned marketing campaigns; and approaches to A/B test these campaigns. Lastly, I would recommend purchasing the book that professor Raj Venkatesan co-wrote to gain a more complete understanding of Marketing Analytics.

By Devanand

Aug 21, 2016

It was a wonderful experience and great insights into the field of marketing analytics. Any amateur who's new to the field of marketing can learn this very easily. Although it's not designed for industry purpose, it provides deeper insights with industry led examples. The course was never boring and I'm ever grateful to Mr. Rajkumar Venkatesan for walking me through this course.

A very useful course for one who wants to gain better insights on Marketing Analytics.

By Shilpa A

Apr 10, 2020

Thank you for this wonderful course. I have learnt a lot about brands, marketing experiments, and regression analysis. I know understand brand architectures and can calculate brand equity and customer lifetime value. I have had no previous knowledge of commerce and I was really afraid of maths, but the way Professor Raj explained the concepts and made the maths easy has made me more confident in my skills. Thank you again sir for this wonderful course.

By Angela L M

Really had fun in this course! I liked the peer graded assignments and the interactive questions in the videos. The instructor was very enthusiastic and fun as well. It helped me lighten the burden of studying numbers!!! :) Overall, I recommend marketers to take this course. It's always better to know how to understand the data when we do campaigns, otherwise, it's like walking towards a cliff with your eyes covered.

Well done Prof Raj :)

By Sayed S M

May 09, 2020

If you want to learn some real deal about marketing analytics then you should definitely enroll in this course. This course brilliantly blends different tools from statistics, accounting, and economics and uses to measure marketing efforts. This course will give you a glimpse of how marketing campaigns are measured and decisions are taken based on that data in the real world. I really enjoyed learning this course.

By Vipin K M

Apr 19, 2020

This is one the best course on marketing analytics which I ever studied. I have learnt many new concepts and got a numerous research ideas in Indian context. The segment related to brand equity, CLV and Marketing Design Experiment was very fantastic. This was very fruitful session for me.

Thank You for offering this course ..

Vipin Kumar Meena, (PhD Scholar,Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, India)

By Waqas A A

Nov 06, 2018

Extremely valuable course, in the going market environment where big data is changing the way of how companies performed in past. learning analytics is going to provide real help in the future job and the changing dynamics of how companies analyze data and take actions. The Teacher is super awesome, very polite and friendly way of teaching and providing the key knowledge. Thankyou SIr, ThankYou coursera .

By Siddharth S

Sep 09, 2019

This course by University of Virginia gives you a suitable and deep insight and understanding about various topics related to Marketing Analytics. The pace is comfortable and the content is actually used in the industry. It is actually a beginner level course and really easy to understand. I'd recommend this course to anyone who's trying to start his way in the vast horizon of marketing analytics.

By Vivek J

Jan 10, 2017

I would like the course to include more data rich assignmnts where students are providded with a complex data rich problem and asked to build analytics model and arrive at decision making process. The data sets could be close to real time situations. This will help them in showcasing their analytical work.

Overall I developed good understading about brand architecture and marketing experiments.

By Mohd S Z

Apr 17, 2020

The course was really good. It covers most of topics like the Marketing process, Analytics, Brand Architecture, Measuring Brand value, Customer lifetime value, Marketing experiment and finally how to use regression in marketing. The course not only help me in updating my current knowledge but also taught me how these big companies use analytics to come with different marketing strategies.

By Kinza F

By C S V P

Jun 21, 2020

Its very nice to learn through online with thorough applications .The faculty is simply superb,loved to listen to him.I strongly recommend, this course is very useful and required for any one in middle and higher executive level to understand the market, advertising, regression etc., for sale of the product in this competitive world.Once agian thanks to Coursera for bringing such cource

By Iñaki A L M

Jan 09, 2020

Es un buen curso, me ayudó a fortalecer conocimientos que en la universidad no se trataron a profundidad, adicional a ello puedo decir que también es una excelente manera de mantener contacto con el idioma inglés, yo soy de habla hispana y la verdad fue, que tener al alcance este tipo de cursos me sirvió mucho para ampliar mi vocabulario en el idioma, específicamente en la carrera.

By Maurice K O

Jun 18, 2020

The instructor was great and the videos were easy to follow. I experienced my first peer-graded work here and the quizzes were challenging. The only point to improve on is sometimes parts of lessons, especially formulas can get easily misunderstood because the explanation was only for one example and doesn't tackle other possible scenarios in which the formula needs to be tweaked.

By Geet P

Feb 13, 2018

Marketing Analytics is an Introductory cum Intermediate level course for the people who are willing to get the gist of what marketing is and what are they gonna study in their full time MBA. It is a five week course and in every week there is a different topic to study. It becomes very easy to establish connection between every topic when your tutor is as amazing as Raj. :)

By Habibie A

Marketing in depth analysis with real cases industry approach inline with models that used in real world marketing industry. Now I have better confidence to analyze my own product for the marketing based on all materials conveyed by instructor. The numbers looks scary at first, but when you know the formula is exact so the calculation result shows easier to understand.

By UTKARSH B

Nov 10, 2018

It's a great platform to learn. Module are very interesting and user friendly. Each and everything is explained with such an ease that it clarifies all things at once. Real time and industry based examples make the topics more relevent and practical. I will recommend this course from coursera to everyone who want to do an online certification in Marketing Analytics.

By Demagh M E A

May 23, 2020

This course gives a good big picture perspective of marketing analytics. It shows the student where each piece of knowledge fits in the puzzle. It also gives details about how to concretely use the taught skills. It can be challenging sometimes but the difficulty is well balanced. I am happy that I had the opportunity to take this course, I learned a lot.

By NIKHIL D J

May 19, 2019

Perfect course to refresh your acumen on media attributes, regression analysis and ROI varieties that influence the present age of marketing. Delivers on important components of marketing elements such as CLV, Brand Architecture management, casual research and lift calculations with real world experimentation for a thorough and sustainable understanding.

By Shadman N K

A fantastic course that introduced me to the world of analytics with solid basics. Seeing it being applied in an exciting field like marketing made the course all the more interesting, and provided me with sound concepts through highly lectures by the instructor and all the engaging assignments. Thanks to Coursera for offering this amazing course! 😁