Back to Visual Perception and Visual Illusions

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Perception and Visual Illusions by Saint Petersburg State University

Vision is one of the main ways for us to gather information about the world around us and about ourselves. Thus, studying vision naturally leads to new hypotheses on how cognition works. This way, our course on visual perception will also provide you with knowledge on cerebral mechanisms of vision, sensory systems and, in general, on how the mind and consciousness work. This course is aimed at everyone who is interested in perceptual psychology, in particular, psychology of visual perception. The course discusses different theoretical approaches to studying vision, introduces the most important concepts and experimental results. The material is selected in such a way that the course is interesting and accessible for both students who study psychology and general audience without special knowledge in this area. The course includes lectures, presentations and graded tests. Each student will be required to perform a small research project to be submitted by the end of the course....

1 - 1 of 1 Reviews for Visual Perception and Visual Illusions

By Josef M

Oct 24, 2020

I very much looked forward to this course but I was really disappointed after watching several few videos. I do not mind that half of them is in Russian language. To be honest those Russian videos are more interesting than English ones. English videos are VERY boring and too long with VERY SMALL amount of useful information. I already successfully finish several courses on Coursera and I am very interested in the subject of this particular course. But I really cannot recommend it.