Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

251 - 275 of 576 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Ahmed A A A

Nov 22, 2017

Valuable, interesting, challenging

By Georgia M

Feb 08, 2018

This is an excellent course. Rich background info is provided in the e-textbook, the videos are very well made (incorporating a lecture-type and a Q&A-type of presentation), there are videos with demonstrations in the labs that make digesting the stuff already presented during the lectures much easier. Well-organised and nicely presented. I learned a lot by following this course. Many thanks to Prof. Dr. Connie Scanga and her team!

By Laura F U P

Apr 07, 2018

Genial!

By Ahmed A A M

Jun 07, 2018

One word... Thanks Dr. Scanga for your brilliant teaching way.

By Jennifer E

Jan 06, 2018

The course was very interesting and enlightening, I learnt alot of things about the human body that i was not originally aware of. Professor Scanga was very thorough during the lectures. I am very much impressed and glad to have been a part of this 6-weeks journey.

By Khushi K

Mar 05, 2018

Learned a lot!

By Celia Z

Aug 30, 2017

perfect length and good lectures!

By ELIAS I C R

Dec 10, 2017

EXCELLENT course. I learned a lot. I like the subjects, the references and ALL discussions and examples.

By Suooda F

Sep 14, 2017

Awesome course :) thank you

By Chijioke O

Jun 19, 2018

Great course. Very insightful and relevant!

By Tamer a a

Dec 20, 2017

good

By María d R

Nov 21, 2017

EXCELENTE CALIDAD DE ENSEÑANZA. MUY BUENA PEDAGOGÍA. ME GUSTARÍA QUE TENGA TODAS LAS CLASES CON SUBTITULO EN ESPAÑOL. GRACIAS!

By Senna A

Mar 12, 2018

Really enjoyed the depth of knowledge this course provided. I was able to learn at my own pace and fit it around my work schedule.

By SHIVANSH P

Jun 12, 2018

In this course students are provided with excellent lectures and asignments which really help understand concepts related to vital signs of the body. A really good course for students interested in medicine and healthcare.

By Sajeela R

Apr 15, 2018

Its a great learning opportunity to know more about body, in a very short period of course. complete and authentic info

By Bolivar M F O

Dec 19, 2017

Very good course.

By Abdulaziz A

Oct 22, 2017

By Floriberto C R

Feb 16, 2018

Muy completo, sobre paso mis expectativas.

By Pranav Y

Nov 14, 2017

Coming from a engineering background, this course gave a lot of insight into my own human body. #vital_things_to_know_about_yourself_literally

By Sara B

Jun 22, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. The lectures were engaging and easy to follow. I don't have a background in these topics but the course was very doable for me. I would definitely be interested in more courses from the same people expanding on this one.

By Barbara J

Sep 18, 2016

Great course. Very informative.

By Grainne H

Jun 28, 2017

Lots of detail in this course but really well explained, excellent course for all of those working in the Health industry or intending to , thank you.

By Cheung H C J

Nov 09, 2017

This is a well organized course which gives us a lot of information about the vital signs. Thanks a lot to the Professor Connie Scanga and other tutors.

By Ilić V

Jun 02, 2017

Phenomenal course.

By Josephine C

Mar 06, 2018

This course is both very informative and well paced. The lectures are very interesting. The content is very understandable even for students such as myself who have no background in science or biology. This is the best course on Coursera.