Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

76 - 100 of 576 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Fernando D

Oct 12, 2016

I have truly enjoyed this course. I have also learned quite a bit about vital signs. Thanks to those who put it together.

By Akihiko I

Jun 23, 2017

This is a very good introductory course. Hope the school expands this MOOC program to other human body systems!

By Holly S

Mar 06, 2017

Very good class. I really enjoyed it because I am interested in this type of field

By Angela D G

Jan 25, 2018

Would live a certificate

By Suzanne W

Aug 16, 2017

Excellent teacher, great comprehensive information for lay persons, or medical professionals wishing to brush up on information.

By Miguel Á Q S

Mar 05, 2018

I'm a second year medicine student. I haven't taken physiology yet, so I found the course quite interesting. It had enough information to give new pointers, and the anatomy sections were well explained, easy to follow, and an excellent review for me. I have to say that I really enjoyed Prof. Connie's lectures, as I think she was quite clear.

By Grzegorz A K

Nov 13, 2016

One of the best courses I've attended on Coursera. Prof. Scanga explains everything clearly and creates calm, almost relaxing, atmosphere in which knowledge nearly effortlessly enters the mind. I would really love to attend another course made by her.

By paul s

Oct 06, 2017

Great course for novice and professional alike

By Alvaro

Jun 27, 2017

muy buen curso, recomendado

By Ricardo A B

Aug 16, 2016

Different perspectives, very interesting and informative! Thank you!

By Chung-Hung L

Sep 18, 2017

I am looking forward to having more sequel courses of this.

By Mary M

Nov 21, 2017

A good course especially for people who are not in the medical field and have not taken other medical classes. It would be a good review for those who have. The class' overall design is so that a non-medical savvy person can easily follow along, while learning interesting as well as important things concerning our bodies. I took the class because my husband had a stroke and I am attempting to learn what I can to help him. The class was very educational. I recommend to people who have a family member who is ill or in a nursing home.

By Suzanne O

Jan 14, 2018

This was a great course for understanding what happens when you take a set of vitals. Most importantly, the instructor, Dr. Scanga, is one of those teachers that you wish you had many years ago because today you might actually be a doctor or nurse... she's that good.

By Carlos F R C

Mar 05, 2016

It is just amazing!!

By Shelby F

Mar 13, 2017

This course was very fun! It contained so much great information and helpful information that I would recommend it to everyone! Thank you so much!

By Victoria P B

Feb 18, 2017

It was such an amazing course! It was incredibly straight forward and understandable.

I highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Catherine M

Nov 08, 2016

Dr. Scanga is a delightful and very skilled instructor who takes the very complicated subject of the human body and makes it interesting and understandable for all levels. I would welcome another course such as this to continue the fascinating topic of exploring the human body. Thank you, Dr. Scanga.

By Lian P

Mar 24, 2016

This course is perfect for those who do not have a background knowlegde of human anatomy. The demonstration is clear, and teacher's speech is at a right speed which allows even non-native english speakers , like myself, to fully understand and react to the content. The form of the course is wisely chosen, real students are included and there are Q&As with them, i can pause and answer the questions myself and see if i get it right. this is much more interesting than just listening to a lecture in which the teacher speaks into the camera. Thank you Dr. Scanga for such a good course. I Will catch up the the pace.

By Miranda J W

Jan 29, 2018

This course is a introduction into the vital signs with anatomy and physiological explanations. This course was informative and provided some cool insights that I had not previously considered. I really enjoyed this course!

By John J

Mar 04, 2017

Pretty Good & very useful!

By Maria L

Dec 13, 2016

Really nice work.Very helpful

By RITESH G

Mar 28, 2016

Thank you. I had a great time relearning the basics and fundamentals again.

By Victoria W

Sep 01, 2017

The course gave a very insightful and thorough overview of vital signs. I was pleased with information and presentation.

By Patricia O S

Jul 19, 2016

These teachers are amazing. I wish they were my teachers when I was studying biology at school.

By Natouchka M F