Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

101 - 125 of 576 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Tyree S

Mar 09, 2016

I like this class because the instructor explains the information very well. I am using this as a refresher course and I definitely feel like I am learning a lot through her teaching. I would recommend this class to anyone that would be interested.

By christian g

Dec 13, 2017

This course was magnificent. I learned an enormous amount of information and it was all clear and easy to understand. I am eternally grateful to Dr. Scanga.

By Ali A

Oct 13, 2016

excellent

By Amany f

Jun 25, 2018

amazing

By Annie L

Nov 09, 2016

Excellent course! Dr. Scanga is very interesting and her pace is comfortable. I strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in this sort of subject. Great job! :)

By Susan H

May 30, 2017

Have really enjoyed this course and how it was presented. Dr. Scanga is fantastic and patient in her explanations of each topic. Thank you!

By Iliyan Y

Jul 30, 2016

Thank you!

By saeed h

Mar 23, 2017

That was very fantastic and I learned much.

By Prasad B D

Apr 02, 2018

It is truly an exceptional course feeding with all the relevant material to know about what our body is telling us during day to day activities.

I highly appreciate the Professor for sharing the knowledge and also for timely testing the knowledge that we gained through individual sessions.

Thanks coursera for providing us such a platform of enhancing learning abilities.

By Dawn S

Mar 02, 2018

It was challenging and fun to do this course. I don't have any medical background but this course gave me great insight into some of our body functions!

By Isabelle V

Aug 10, 2017

Very interesting. Learned a lot. Explanations are clear. And the way the course is given is really great! Than

By Harry C

Nov 12, 2016

Amazing Course - well detailed and thorough. Ideal for beginners.

By Alana S O

Sep 26, 2017

Excellent course!

By Denise F

Apr 28, 2017

V

By maulik

Jun 21, 2016

good course for understanding vital signs

By Maria E G L

Jun 21, 2016

Excelente!

By Feng L Y

Jul 21, 2016

It is a wonderful course that teaches me physiology and anatomy.

By Emma F

Mar 19, 2017

So informative and isn't boring at all. I like how it's set up like a classroom and there are lots of demonstrations for each lecture.

By Alexandra T B

May 27, 2017

Great introductory course!

By Dennis V

Feb 13, 2017

I learned so much in this course! I found parts of it to be quite challenging, which is a very good thing. Thanks to all involved for an excellent course.

By ALWALED A

Aug 08, 2016

This is great .. helpful.. thanks all

By Jorine J

Aug 02, 2016

Thank you so much to make it so understandable for me. I really enjoyed it :)

By Jemimah C G F