Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

126 - 150 of 579 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Hunar A

Nov 09, 2016

very good corse

By saniya z

Mar 02, 2017

an excellent course i have ever done before.

By Anthony V

Jun 24, 2017

Very informative course on every vitals taken in any medical setting. I'm glad I've taken this course. The course was very straightforward!

By David J

Jun 09, 2017

Great! Heart stuff.... It's the center of life

By Laura R

Jun 20, 2017

Such an amazing course! The instructor was incredibly clear and the lessons were well thought out. I like that we are able to watch the videos as many times as required to fully understand the content. This will be very helpful for my future. Thank you!

By Cobus v N

Feb 05, 2018

It goes in to the exact kind of detail I wanted to and is thorough, well presented and well executed by a team of professionals, thank you for this wonderful course.

By Mahmoud F

Sep 04, 2017

great course . very professional and educational

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

it was amazing experience to take this course the best part was the demos that taught me a lot. the teaching method and professors were amazing keep the hard working and keep enlighten people

By Ali S O

Sep 18, 2017

It is an excellent course that helps you understand the basics of the vital signs physiology, anatomy and clinical application.

By Alda A d C

Dec 29, 2016

Muito bom, muito abrangente e ao mesmo tempo muito especifico. Os conteúdos são facilmente apreendidos devido à clareza da informação.

By Abraham B

Apr 29, 2017

It has been such a wonderful journey with the time have spent learning this course. I have been able to refresh my mind and also expand my knowledge on all the key major topics of this course. Thanks again

By Lisi M

Jul 20, 2017

This course is AMAZING! Feel so privileged to learn from it. Great material!

By chelsea t

Jun 01, 2018

I loved this video. Thank you sooo much for letting me learn with you, I appreciate it .

By MARWA A M A

Jul 13, 2017

this is amazing course .. thanks courser

By Jana M

May 31, 2017

Very detailed and interesting. Highly recommended. Dr. Scanga is awesome.

By Aadit R

Jul 30, 2017

I thought that this course was a great visual and explanatory aid to understand more about the human body. From the stand point of a 14 year old, it did get a little boring at the end but when Dr. Scanga started talking about nerves she caught my attention. in short, I loved the course

By Касымжанова А С

Jul 23, 2017

The best course I have ever tried

By Yasmen G A E

Jun 24, 2017

very good

By maulik

Jun 21, 2016

good course for understanding vital signs

By Maria E G L

Jun 21, 2016

Excelente!

By Feng L Y

Jul 21, 2016

It is a wonderful course that teaches me physiology and anatomy.

By Ali A

Oct 13, 2016

excellent

By Amany f

Jun 25, 2018

amazing

By Emma F

Mar 19, 2017

So informative and isn't boring at all. I like how it's set up like a classroom and there are lots of demonstrations for each lecture.

By Stacey K

May 02, 2017

great introductory course, loved the demonstrations and interviews