Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

151 - 175 of 577 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Don P C

Nov 14, 2017

exquisite

By Anirban B

Nov 16, 2017

good basic review of understanding about our body parameters. specially useful for nursing and paramedical staff

By Nathalia L S d S

Dec 30, 2017

Um curso com didática excelente. As bases dos sinais vitais são bem explicados e tudo contribui para que o aluno aprenda. Gostei bastante. Nota 10!!!

By Pooja P

Apr 16, 2018

fairly good for learing

By Mahmoud A

Mar 15, 2018

Very good thing to learn

By Christopher L

Mar 15, 2018

Fantastic, well-taught introduction to human physiology! This course covered more topics than I thought it would with good detail and great explanations, and it has certainly encouraged me to learn more about the human body. Thanks for such a great course!

By khalsi n

Aug 24, 2017

i very like this video and the explication is so great ! thaks a lot professor Scanga

By Shereen M N

Apr 27, 2018

I loved this course, and I really have learned a lot. Thanks for making that possible.

By Sinem S

Jun 19, 2018

i feel thankful about this course. vital signs examination is the most important part in physical examination. I updated my health information

By Zemarak S J

Oct 28, 2017

A course that helps comprehend the vital signs.

By Kevin K

Oct 29, 2017

Excellent course very thorough

Jan 13, 2018

The teaching was very clear, step-wise, and thorough. The demonstrations were interesting and on topic. I would be interested in other courses from this instructor.

By Daniel M

Oct 16, 2017

i enjoyed the course it is very informative and i have gained a lot as medical student.

By Ma E D L

Nov 03, 2017

It´s a very interesting course with lots of examples, whicha are very clarifyng

By Mahmood G

Dec 20, 2017

pERFECT

By Adarsh

Mar 20, 2018

Excellent course. Really enjoyed it with all the lab demonstrations and the various examples provided.

By Kybzaim L

Jan 23, 2018

I really did understand his course. And also enjoyed it!

By Maryam K A

Apr 04, 2018

very easy and enjoyable

By Anthony V

Jun 24, 2017

Very informative course on every vitals taken in any medical setting. I'm glad I've taken this course. The course was very straightforward!

By David J

Jun 09, 2017

Great! Heart stuff.... It's the center of life

By Laura R

Jun 20, 2017

Such an amazing course! The instructor was incredibly clear and the lessons were well thought out. I like that we are able to watch the videos as many times as required to fully understand the content. This will be very helpful for my future. Thank you!

By Mahmoud F

Sep 04, 2017

great course . very professional and educational

By Mostafa M E

Aug 28, 2017

it was amazing experience to take this course the best part was the demos that taught me a lot. the teaching method and professors were amazing keep the hard working and keep enlighten people

By Ali S O

Sep 18, 2017

It is an excellent course that helps you understand the basics of the vital signs physiology, anatomy and clinical application.

By Juan E P R

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent course. Here I could learn a lot of information about the vital signs I did not know. Great explanations, and also a academic environment for making you feel like if you are there.