Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

176 - 200 of 588 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By 전영우

Oct 09, 2016

A great chance to review the basics of vital signs. Recommended for those who need to study

By Anastasiia P

Mar 06, 2017

This is an example of how complex medical topics can be explained easily and understandably. The practical reference is of vast importance, while problems given in quizzes make one think thoroughly on the topic passed.

By Bella N

Jan 10, 2018

like this course. thx

By Aly S

Nov 27, 2016

thanks alot dr. Scanga ♥

By Lawzha L

Dec 31, 2016

It was a really fun course to take and contained great information!

By Anastasia O

Mar 05, 2017

The course lets you know the common infornation about different anatomy system. It is quite easy to understand the processes and I waited for the each next lecture very much. Thanks to the course developers and production team!

By Lulu H

Jul 27, 2016

Incredible professor, perfect pace, very educational! Best online course I've ever come across. Thank you!

By amal a a

Oct 12, 2016

I want my certificate that i finished the course

By Lïbræ D

Mar 21, 2017

As a young 19 years Old, who didn't remember anything about the heart i am definitely understanding and knowing more about the heart than i ever thought i could the teacher is a master at what she is doing, she understands her class and its never boring....BRAVO to the lecturer

By Kuanbayev Y Y

Oct 14, 2016

I think this course is good opportunity to get the knowledge of the clinical Basics...

By Lisa M

Oct 13, 2016

I learned a lot about Vital Sign I never knew!!!

By Gintare V

Oct 21, 2016

Loved it!

By Andrei H

Feb 28, 2017

This course was probably the hardest to learn mentally. Took a lot of research and time into it t actually pass it. Though I did learn a good portion. I loved the lesson about pain knowing what what types of pain their are and how the nerves senses them.

By Ahmed M

Aug 25, 2017

It was a great experience & I had a lot of fun & knowledge during the course

By sara m r

Mar 20, 2017

It is a good course

By matheusfritzen2@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2017

Very good course

By Vijaya C

Jul 24, 2017

The basic concepts about vital signs were explained very well. The session which i enjoyed the most was about the one on pain. I would recommend this course to all medical care professionals and students.

By Ernesto C

Jun 21, 2017

Well understood! Thank you!

By Xabier U

Jun 25, 2017

Utilpara saber porque pasa lo que pasa en nuestro cuerpo, o para valorar mejor los signos vitales de los pacientes.

By Camilla M F

Aug 22, 2017

Great

By KAREN U M

Jul 24, 2017

:D!

By Wiser W

Feb 18, 2017

Well planned and delivered. Excellent!

By Kristen M R

Dec 08, 2016

This course goes at an easy pace and takes the time to really explain the concepts. The outline provided follows the lecture perfectly and allows for easy note taking. The videos are broken into short segments that make it easy to stay focused and watch whenever I have a free moment. I love that I do not have to sit and watch a 1.5hr lecture. With my career, there is no way I would have the time. Excellent course!!

By Andrés M G O

Aug 17, 2016

it´s wonderfull, congratulations to Mrs Scanga.

By aditya s h

Jun 11, 2017

very nice dr connie...liked the efforts and contents