Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR
Sep 29, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB
Aug 15, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

201 - 225 of 1,024 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Juan E P R

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent course. Here I could learn a lot of information about the vital signs I did not know. Great explanations, and also a academic environment for making you feel like if you are there.

By Maria S

Apr 6, 2020

Excellent course. Very well structured material, resonabled paced, good presentation and student interaction during presentations. Useful guest/specialist feed back in application sessions.

By Maha A

Oct 12, 2019

It is really helpful , and Dr. Scanga ease the hard topics and she has a very interesting way made me wish to be in her class , thank you for the opportunity you gave to me by this course.

By Arielle F

Nov 20, 2016

Great course! Taught me a lot about how the body works as a system. The material can get complicated, but it's presented in a comprehensible and accessible way.

Super useful and interesting!

By Paul M

Mar 10, 2017

I really enjoyed participating in the vital signs course. It was a nice review of skills and additionally it provided me with another perspective for my approach as a healthcare provider.

By Joan R

Jul 8, 2020

This course disscuss very important topics of vital signs in a very comprehensive but immersive manner. I really like the explanations of Dr. Scanga and the interaction with the students.

By Sia S

It was so fun learning about the vital signs and what they mean. I am a beginner and have never learned about the body in such detail. It was an amazing source in which I learned so much.

By Janet T

Aug 17, 2017

excellent course. I have tried to submit information to get my certificate but nothing seems to work. Since I paid for the course can I at least get what my final grade was. thank you!

By Cristiene N d S A

Aug 31, 2020

Curso maravilhoso! muito obrigada aos envolvidos na construção desse trabalho incrível. Foi muito útil fazer esse curso para minha futura carreira profissional. Muito obrigada a todos!

By Carlos S

Jun 28, 2020

Wonderful course, I enjoyed it a lot specially the first 4 weeks, but overall it's been an amazing learning and I would like to thank Dr. Scanga and UPEN for providing it. Best regards

By Nguyễn T N Á

Nov 3, 2019

I have just finished this amazing course, it really helps me to understand deeply about vital signs, so I can adapt them accurately to my patients. Thank you for providing this course.

By karen m

Apr 9, 2019

Course was interesting and informative. Instruction was outstanding! All weekly lessons gave me insight into our medical community with some understanding of their world. Thank you!

By Keerthana A

May 6, 2020

Amazing experience.Learnt a lot precisely.Dr .Scanga is one of the best professors ever.The way she explains is just fab.And the notes are also very clear.Best courses ever.Thank you.

By Pooja L

Oct 22, 2020

This course was so amazing 😍 I personally come to know about our own body and how it reacts to every circumstances and the lectures were so interesting making it easy to understand!

By Afsha M

Aug 17, 2020

This course has really helped understand our body a lot. With Prof. Connie Scanga's explanation I was able to understand the topics really well. I would highly recommend this course.

By Olga Q

Jan 3, 2018

I do love this course, it contribute a lot to my knowledge and also help me to understand better with real examples. Thanks a lot. I hope to be able to take the next ones to come.

By Erin-Michelle L

Mar 11, 2019

It was an excellent intro to physiology grounded in practice, with great labs and case studies that forced you to think of patients and their health in meaningful and useful ways.

By Lyubov V

Sep 12, 2018

Thank You very much for this course. I have learned much about functions of human body and refreshed my knowledge. The course structure is great and Doctor Scanga is wonderful!

By Luis E

Jul 23, 2017

Great course. I already have a very good comprehension of the body functions and I think I am better prepared to understand, assess and decide what to do next with vital signs.

By ARYAN R

Apr 17, 2020

The course was extremely helpful and very well explained courses by Dr. Scangs and the crew. Very well put together in all. I wish there were more courses on similar lines...

By Jose T

Feb 23, 2019

Professor Connie B. Scanga is an excellent teacher; she makes me really understand what is happening in my own body. I recommend taking this course or any course she teaches.

By faiza

Feb 14, 2020

I really enjoyed taking your course. I just wish I would have actually taken a class where I need to be in class. I think that it would have been a lot more interesting.

By Annie L

Nov 8, 2016

Excellent course! Dr. Scanga is very interesting and her pace is comfortable. I strongly recommend this course to anyone interested in this sort of subject. Great job! :)