Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

1 - 25 of 578 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Andrenna B

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

By Dan

Dec 26, 2018

Fantastic course. Dr. Scanga is an excellent teacher and the slower-paced "in classroom" style with real students asking and answering questions was very effective. Also enjoyed the lab days and the interviews with other faculty. Quizzes were challenging and included case studies that really made you think. Every Coursera course should aspire to be like this one.

By BHUVANESHWARI R

Sep 30, 2018

By Christine L P

Jan 17, 2019

Excellent explanation!!

By Paula M

Jun 04, 2018

Format was not the best for communicating the information

By Pareshkumar N C

Jan 18, 2019

EASY TEACHING METHOD

By Sultanmuradov I

Jan 31, 2019

I d Like to say many thanks for the great experience to all teaching stuff. Es[ecially to Dr.Scanga!

Wish Your team great success to good luck!

By Agaia T

Feb 02, 2019

great set up and pace. VERY pleased with this course!

By Penny D

Jan 21, 2019

Excellent course! Information well presented and easy to retain.

By Virgilio L M d M

Jan 21, 2019

Perfect!!!

By Abigail S S

Feb 05, 2019

Un excelente curso para reforzar conocimientos e incluso para aprender más sobre nuestro cuerpo

By Jesús A N L

Dec 31, 2018

Excelente curso, les recomiendo a todos tomarlo !!!

By Nitya R

Dec 30, 2018

What a brilliant and eye opening course! I think my favorite part was that the videos were shot it the classroom, making you feel like a part of the class. It's a bit difficult to stick to at first (because of the amount of content), but once you do, you will understand the body so much better! Thank you so much Dr. Scanga!

By Chia H

Jan 01, 2019

Great and valuable information and lesson.

By Paola M G

Jan 02, 2019

very helpful, I learned a lot

By Christmar D Q L

Jan 10, 2019

excelent course!

By Raimundo A M

Feb 11, 2019

This is a very illustrative course!

And the quizz goes directly to the point! The teachers are note ten!

By Ana M C

Feb 12, 2019

Buenisimoo!!!!!! Lastima que los vídeos la mayoría no están traducido al español mi lengua madre.

By Jose T

Feb 24, 2019

Professor Connie B. Scanga is an excellent teacher; she makes me really understand what is happening in my own body. I recommend taking this course or any course she teaches.

By NIMRA M

Feb 24, 2019

amazing

By Rachel G

Feb 10, 2019

I really enjoyed this class. It was informative and interesting while also being entertaining. A good course leaves you curious and wanting more and this course left me very curious...and feeling a bit smarter. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By Pauline B

Feb 09, 2019

excellent for beginner or pro. Dr. Scanga explains things thoroughly and clearly. Is excellent teacher

Pauline Bennett