Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

51 - 75 of 579 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By marta

Apr 09, 2016

great professor

By Gregg I

Apr 27, 2017

Excellent introduction with just enough information to give you a general idea of what is going on within your body and how it is assessed.

By Juju E A

Apr 17, 2016

Thank you Dr. Scanga. "Vital Sign" is great and I learn a lot. Waiting for the next course.. :)

By Miriam R

Dec 01, 2016

Thorough and useful information presented in a hands-on, practical manner. I very much enjoyed this course!

By Lana G

May 28, 2016

Excellent introductory course to vital signs in the human body. The real-live classroom format was different and appealing. The lab demonstrations were very helpful. The Professor did a wonderful job explaining every topic, particularly Metabolism. Thank you!

By Kurtagić I

Mar 27, 2016

Highly reccomended course, as for nurses, so and for others health care providers

By Cristina G

Jun 26, 2018

Thank you Dr. Scanga and UPenn! This course is fascinating and so much more informative than I originally imagined when I enrolled. Not only will this help me in my job with the information centers of various NIH institutes, but I feel that I more equipped to best care of my husband and children (and myself, I suppose) and help them communicate more effectively with our physicians from now on. Thanks, again! I have already recommended this course to my siblings and parents and will now be recommending it as a part of training at work!

By Freki1900

Mar 26, 2016

It do help me a lot in the learning about essential signals. Thanks

By Maureen T

Sep 17, 2016

Well organized and well presented. I felt that I had learnt a lot in this course, it was exactly as described and easy to fit into my schedule.

By Philip p t

May 01, 2016

Was a great learning experience.

By Mike X

Aug 16, 2016

Great course. Very interactive and easy to understand.

Better take this course after you take biology or human physiology course.

By Linus A

Jun 24, 2017

I had a great time. Learned many things that I would have never learned had I not done this course. Dr. Scanga is a very very good instructor. Thanks a lot.

By Victoria W

Sep 01, 2017

The course gave a very insightful and thorough overview of vital signs. I was pleased with information and presentation.

By Patricia O S

Jul 19, 2016

These teachers are amazing. I wish they were my teachers when I was studying biology at school.

By S.Badrinaryanan

Jul 02, 2017

It was explained in a manner that could be easily visualized and comprehended. Thank you Dr.Connie Scanga

By Zahra M

Dec 12, 2016

My special thank to Dr. Scanga and her team for this wonderful course!

By daniela e

Mar 23, 2017

Thank you for this great course!!

By Yuewei X

Aug 02, 2017

It is very good to put the course in a seminar manner, which makes me feel like in a classroom and I liked it a lot. The demonstrations every week are also very helpful and comprehensive. This is a very good course and helped me learnt a lot basics about physiology.

By PAULO R I

Nov 11, 2017

Very good explanation

By Tony S

May 15, 2017

Great information that helps me to understand my body better.

By Anari E D

Sep 20, 2016

Lots of information. Interesting course.

By Niranjana B

Feb 18, 2018

The Course Contents were really good and appropriate to understand for the distant / web learning. The Mentor was a really good person who knows how to take the sessions without glitches. Recommend this to the learning enthusiasts of their body !

By Erica I M

Jun 21, 2018

Very informative and organized in a manageable way making it easier to understand the content. Enjoyed the course and the format presented very much.