Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

151 - 175 of 575 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Daniel W

Sep 04, 2017

Clear, helpful professor, although pace can be a bit slow at times (you can just set the speed higher). The tests assess your knowledge well, and you get a good understanding of your vital signs. Overall, great course!

By Alexandra T B

May 27, 2017

Great introductory course!

By Andy

Jul 24, 2017

Very interesting and well explained course.

By 전영우

Oct 09, 2016

A great chance to review the basics of vital signs. Recommended for those who need to study

By Dennis V

Feb 13, 2017

I learned so much in this course! I found parts of it to be quite challenging, which is a very good thing. Thanks to all involved for an excellent course.

By Elena T

Jul 30, 2016

Thank you!

By saeed h

Mar 23, 2017

That was very fantastic and I learned much.

By habib i

Aug 11, 2016

very helpful

By Prasad B D

Apr 02, 2018

It is truly an exceptional course feeding with all the relevant material to know about what our body is telling us during day to day activities.

I highly appreciate the Professor for sharing the knowledge and also for timely testing the knowledge that we gained through individual sessions.

Thanks coursera for providing us such a platform of enhancing learning abilities.

By Eman H H

Oct 15, 2017

Dr Connie I can't be more grateful and blessed with this course and having your class you are one of the rarest professors who can give the complicated information in the simplest way I really interested every single moment in this course it was very informative and beneficial thank you and thaks for coursera to give me such an experience.

By Dawn S

Mar 02, 2018

It was challenging and fun to do this course. I don't have any medical background but this course gave me great insight into some of our body functions!

By Isabelle V

Aug 10, 2017

Very interesting. Learned a lot. Explanations are clear. And the way the course is given is really great! Than

By Stephen F

Feb 02, 2017

A brilliant introductiin. You have sparked my interest. Thank you!

By Michael S

Sep 24, 2016

I took this course as a refresher and it served that purpose very well. I would like to see a specialization in this area. Nice course!

By Daniel S

Jul 13, 2016

Absolutely LOVE THIS! AMAZING

By Simoni S

Jul 20, 2017

I am a Physical Therapist, so it was really good to review some subjects.

By Gaonkar R M

Aug 20, 2016

Jst love it

By Saqiba R

Nov 14, 2016

its my first ever online course work. i am very glad to join this forum and writing review, a very detailed and informative course it was plus i also appreciate the discussion question answers with such a detailed explainations by mentors. looking forward for more worthy courses to polish my skills and enhance my knowledge.

By Berenice J S V

Mar 14, 2017

Best teacher ever, wish she had another course! Clear and easy to understand and when realized, she had introduced all important terms and made clear examples... Forums questions are responded.

By ALWALED A

Aug 08, 2016

This is great .. helpful.. thanks all

By Jorine J

Aug 02, 2016

Thank you so much to make it so understandable for me. I really enjoyed it :)

By Jemimah C G F

Nov 30, 2017

Excelente

By LOKHA R A B

Apr 01, 2017

Nice course. Very interactive and helpful.

By Denise F

Apr 28, 2017

V

By Paul M

Mar 10, 2017

I really enjoyed participating in the vital signs course. It was a nice review of skills and additionally it provided me with another perspective for my approach as a healthcare provider.