Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

TB

Aug 16, 2018

Great Course ! It provides important information regarding anatomy and physiology of the main systems in our body. The video lectures are very interactive and Dr. Scanga has a great ability to teach.

176 - 200 of 588 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Jorge E G D L

Nov 03, 2017

So recommended! Excellent material, very clear and useful.

By Shirley D B J

May 01, 2017

It was a wonderful study, a very informative and a beneficial course. Dr. Scanga who taught this course is an amazing teacher. She has made many of the complexities of the course into simpler segments and explanations in a way that anybody could understand. Hats-off to her ! I would highly recommend this course to my friends who are medical professionals especially beginners. Thank you !

By Sunil A

Oct 08, 2016

Excellent primer on vital signs. Recommend it strongly

By Suneeta B

Oct 15, 2016

Excellent course to start understanding how to read what our vital signs are telling us. Dr Scanga's teaching style is very relaxed, illustrative and she keeps engagement level high by asking questions in between lectures. I love the transcripts of Coursera Courses that follow with the lecture, highlighting the sentence the speaker is saying currently. It enables me to follow lectures more closely. Also, it's really cool to click on any sentence and the lecture begins with that sentence. Thankyou!

By ARFAN A S

Feb 26, 2018

g

o

o

d

By Sherihan A D

May 03, 2017

It was an exciting and amazing course

By Arielle F

Nov 21, 2016

Great course! Taught me a lot about how the body works as a system. The material can get complicated, but it's presented in a comprehensible and accessible way.

Super useful and interesting!

By Tatiana N L K

Sep 22, 2016

It was a very didatic course with a global view about vital signs. I surely will recommend. Congratulations to Dr Scanga and all the collaborators.

By Pranav Y

Nov 14, 2017

Coming from a engineering background, this course gave a lot of insight into my own human body. #vital_things_to_know_about_yourself_literally

By Sara B

Jun 22, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. The lectures were engaging and easy to follow. I don't have a background in these topics but the course was very doable for me. I would definitely be interested in more courses from the same people expanding on this one.

By Barbara J

Sep 18, 2016

Great course. Very informative.

By Grainne H

Jun 28, 2017

Lots of detail in this course but really well explained, excellent course for all of those working in the Health industry or intending to , thank you.

By Cheung H C J

Nov 09, 2017

This is a well organized course which gives us a lot of information about the vital signs. Thanks a lot to the Professor Connie Scanga and other tutors.

By Ilić V

Jun 02, 2017

Phenomenal course.

By Josephine C

Mar 06, 2018

This course is both very informative and well paced. The lectures are very interesting. The content is very understandable even for students such as myself who have no background in science or biology. This is the best course on Coursera.

By Adewale H M

Aug 27, 2017

Course material and content are detailed and on point.

Great learning tool for student nurses and will be a good refresher for experienced nurses.

By Janet T

Aug 17, 2017

excellent course. I have tried to submit information to get my certificate but nothing seems to work. Since I paid for the course can I at least get what my final grade was. thank you!

By Durgadas K

Feb 04, 2018

The course was very well structured, covered a lot of ground and helped us understand vital concepts. I have no words to express my gratitude to Professor Connie Scanga. I loved her presentation, the interactive sessions, the lab sessions and her energy and enthusiasm. Thank you so much dearest Professor Connie Scanga.

By Sazonova E

May 26, 2017

Thank you for enlightenment you gave me, Dr. Scanga!))

By Ikram E

Sep 27, 2017

its a great learning experience very clear explanation ,very excellent course

By Armando

Feb 07, 2018

This course was exceptional. Extremely detailed and very well explained.

By Ali S

Jun 24, 2016

great course

By Bart S

Jun 14, 2016

outstanding, do it again

By Sergiu

Apr 28, 2018

Great course, very helpful for a better understanding of the systems driving the human body.

By Florence R

Oct 13, 2016

I absolutely loved this course, so clear and lively. Dr Connie Scanga is a great teacher, she speaks clearly, she is engaging, she makes you want to know everything in the body! Thanks for offering the course.