Back to Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us by University of Pennsylvania

The vital signs – heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature, respiration rate, and pain – communicate important information about the physiological status of the human body. In this six-part course we explore the anatomy and physiology underlying the vital signs so that you will develop a systematic, integrated understanding of how the body functions. Relevant body systems are reviewed including cardiovascular and respiratory, followed by explanations of how the function of these systems affects vital signs. We discuss normal ranges, normal variants, and the mechanisms that underlie changes in the objective measurement of vital signs. The course also includes demonstrations of appropriate techniques for measuring vital signs in yourself and others. The course is designed for a broad, general audience but will be particularly interesting for individuals working in healthcare, those considering a career as a healthcare professional, lay caregivers, those with an interest in personal health and fitness, or anyone who simply wants to understand how the body functions....

BR

Sep 30, 2018

Yes, it is very useful to me and I will suggest to my friends to take this course. My sincere Thanks to Connie B. Scanga, PhD, she taken the all lecture clearly and her lecture was easy to understand.

AB

Jun 30, 2017

I really enjoyed to the professor and the idea of learning the material with her students. It made me feel as if I was in the classroom learning with them. She broke down the material in a great way.

201 - 225 of 586 Reviews for Vital Signs: Understanding What the Body Is Telling Us

By Ernesto C

Jun 21, 2017

Well understood! Thank you!

By Xabier U

Jun 25, 2017

Utilpara saber porque pasa lo que pasa en nuestro cuerpo, o para valorar mejor los signos vitales de los pacientes.

By Camilla M F

Aug 22, 2017

Great

By KAREN U M

Jul 24, 2017

:D!

By Wiser W

Feb 18, 2017

Well planned and delivered. Excellent!

By Kristen M R

Dec 08, 2016

This course goes at an easy pace and takes the time to really explain the concepts. The outline provided follows the lecture perfectly and allows for easy note taking. The videos are broken into short segments that make it easy to stay focused and watch whenever I have a free moment. I love that I do not have to sit and watch a 1.5hr lecture. With my career, there is no way I would have the time. Excellent course!!

By Andrés M G O

Aug 17, 2016

it´s wonderfull, congratulations to Mrs Scanga.

By aditya s h

Jun 11, 2017

very nice dr connie...liked the efforts and contents

By Stephen F

Feb 02, 2017

A brilliant introductiin. You have sparked my interest. Thank you!

By Michael S

Sep 24, 2016

I took this course as a refresher and it served that purpose very well. I would like to see a specialization in this area. Nice course!

By Gaonkar R M

Aug 20, 2016

Jst love it

By Berenice J S V

Mar 14, 2017

Best teacher ever, wish she had another course! Clear and easy to understand and when realized, she had introduced all important terms and made clear examples... Forums questions are responded.

By Cheng-Yun M

Sep 16, 2017

very practical classes and information

By JUAN J B

Sep 10, 2017

excelente

By Conrad L

Jun 10, 2018

Really good course on anatomy essentials. Great for those who want a general understanding of where everything in the body is situated and how they work without too much emphasis on the details in physiology.

By chelsea t

Jun 01, 2018

I loved this video. Thank you sooo much for letting me learn with you, I appreciate it .

By Aadit R

Jul 30, 2017

I thought that this course was a great visual and explanatory aid to understand more about the human body. From the stand point of a 14 year old, it did get a little boring at the end but when Dr. Scanga started talking about nerves she caught my attention. in short, I loved the course

By Касымжанова А С

Jul 23, 2017

The best course I have ever tried

By Yasmen G A E

Feb 25, 2017

VERY USEFUL

By suganya

Mar 06, 2017

very useful to us. i learned so many details. thank you very much

By Shivalika B

Feb 15, 2017

It is an excellent course and perfect for people who have an interest in human anatomy and physiology.

By caixi

Jun 25, 2017

good

By Danielle B

Aug 20, 2017

I loved this course!! Dr. Scanga is an incredible teacher; the guest teachers featured throughout this course are all very knowledgeable and made me feel like I was truly auditing a class at UPenn. What a phenomenal nursing program -- and even more incredible to be a fly on the wall and learn about how our bodies function and communicate to us. Highly recommend!!