Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

676 - 700 of 856 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Manjunath R

Jul 30, 2020

The instructor is very knowledgeable, the course itself was super helpful and I think i can design a good website with the skills that I've earned from this course. So all in all awesome.

By Facundo H B

Aug 29, 2020

Me gusto el curso, las tareas, la forma de explicar del profesor tambien me gusto, no me gusto mucho cuando subis un archivo que no te ejecuta el .css y .js y los subis de forma externa

By Ashutosh V

Dec 1, 2020

Quite good, but the explanation is not intense. But for sure it guides you and if can look up other resources on the internet along with this, you can easily master web development.

By NEHA A V

May 13, 2020

Just gives a briefing about Front end development. But peer graded assignments are so unpredictable due to improper evaluation that it will reduce your overall score .

By sanjib k

Nov 2, 2017

It's good for the Beginners who hardly has some idea about web development but not enough for the experienced one or who has at least basic knowledge of all these.

By rida f

Jan 11, 2021

coursera is a great platform to learn something, to achieve something and to do new staff and my course teacher is also very co operative and teaches very well

By Leo

Jan 7, 2020

very basic course, easy to learn, a good place to start with web development. I would suggest to put a little bit more advanced and challenging tasks

By Abu S M S

Aug 19, 2021

To learn basic knowledge about HTML, CSS, JavaScript and so on is enough for us. It also gives us introduction knowledge about these things.

Thanks...

By guil h

Oct 7, 2019

It was clear and complete, I feel that CSS was incomplete and I would have liked professional feedbacks at least for the final exam.

By HImanshu n

May 22, 2017

the course helped me a lot in understanding the topic.

this course is a good start, if you want to become a web developer.

By ASHISH K S

May 6, 2020

It helped me in learning basics of html,css,java script.Its prefect for starter.

Thank you veru much for yor free course.

By Michael K

Jul 30, 2021

D​er Zeitansatz für die Übungen ist viel zu kurz. Wenn man dies beachtet und die Übungen ausführlich macht, klappt es.

By Sameer M

Jul 8, 2020

this course is very useful for me , i learn a lot of thing by this course, this will really helpful for me in future.

By Pablo P

Nov 9, 2017

Great introductory course. It's designed for those who want to start creating web pages. Good examples, great teacher.

By Angélica A G

Sep 25, 2017

i like this course , but I prefer that the practice were part of the calification. and not only optional .

thanks

By Yin S W Y

Dec 6, 2020

Good introductory course that opens the gate to further advancement in the different aspects web development.

By MADAPATHI B

Aug 4, 2020

You Can Learn the Basics of HTML, CSS, and Javascript. This Course is helpful for Web Development Aspirants.

By Mbuyi F

Aug 13, 2020

Good course, that provides examples of how the code works after it is written. A real hands on approach!

By Kanika M

Jul 10, 2020

so thank you so much for this course i loved it i've gained so much knowledge regarding web development.

By Yashmita

Jul 29, 2020

It was an amazing experience and an extremely good course for beginners like me. I learned a lot.

By Michael T

Aug 30, 2020

I enjoy the course, it helps you search out the answer in how up needed to complete the project.

By TANMMEY J

Nov 1, 2020

Build and added new skills of web development and also added that made lionhearted of coding.

By Folarin O

Oct 26, 2018

It's an eye-opening program while the additional resources have been quite helpful to me.

By rinzin n

Sep 26, 2020

Great introduction course. I has me interested in learning learning some other language.

By Mike L

Jun 10, 2020

It would have been nice to see the full program and see where the different sections go.