Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH
May 1, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB
Jul 18, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

776 - 800 of 815 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Alonzo L

Feb 2, 2021

Good morning,

I hope all is well. I apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, I will not be able to continue taking this class due to my increase work load pursing my Masters degree. I appreciate all your help and the opportunity to participate in coursera.

By Camilo P

Jun 5, 2021

Actually, I learned a lot at the same time with other resources on YouTube to reinforce it, but it would be fantastic, the instructor's voice was slower and with a neutral accent. That is just my opinion.

By Markie M

Dec 2, 2020

Thought some of the information was outdated (It looks like the class was recorded around 6 years ago). But I did dip my toes into JavaScript, so that was very informative!

By Ahmed A

Jun 26, 2017

I wish had money enough to afford this course , i reached module 3 and i got much knowledge about how websites work and i intend to finish this course as fast as i can

By AKANKSHA S

Jul 22, 2020

Reading contents are very good, video lessons are so frustrating a lot of things haven't been covered in videos. Worst teaching so far. I'm sorry for honest opinion.

By Shashwati S

Jul 29, 2020

I think the course is fairly basic it can be completed in less than the time frame assigned. Basic and like a stepping stone to the World of Web Designing.

By Raul S H

Apr 29, 2020

Se trata de un curso muy básico al que le faltan prácticas para se mucho más completo. Aún así, he aprendido cosas que desconocía.

By ARPIT B

Apr 25, 2020

Pretty average in my thinking. Everything is taught incomplete which makes it really difficult to grasp further taught concepts.

By Akash T

Jul 9, 2020

This course was all about the basics. Learned a lot and helped in building interest in web development.

Good Course

By Koiki N T

Mar 25, 2021

it was really nice and i learnt alot even though i still need to practice on my javascript forms,

By HARIPRASAD P

May 22, 2020

Instructions are not sufficient when it comes to a beginner side

By PRAGATI G

It was good but javascripting is not explained properly......

By Nithin K P

Aug 14, 2020

A very very basic level course for front end development.

By Florian K

Jul 13, 2021

not very innovative, but very informativ

By Rimsha S

Dec 29, 2020

I'd great experience with that course.

By rishabh k

Apr 24, 2020

i loved it i learned from begining

By Koulini S

May 8, 2020

i learnt a lot from this course

By Nitish B

Apr 24, 2021

It can be a better course.

By Visnubhotla s

Feb 13, 2021

Very basic

By TATI T

May 5, 2021

Good

By BOLAGANI S

Aug 2, 2020

Good

By PAVITHRA H

Jun 9, 2020