Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.2

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

MS

Jan 28, 2018

Superb! Taking this course with no serious plan, just a pure curious, but it turns out that I enjoy the material and trigger me to have a real weight loss plan.

PS

Oct 28, 2016

im always wanna know a new information and this give me more then just information. education me to make a better person and share with people here, love it...

26 - 50 of 84 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Jun 11, 2017

AWESOME

By Brigitta P

Jun 26, 2017

I am really enjoying this course, and learning about weight loss planning. Looking forward to share it with others. Thanks

By Rhonda S H

Sep 20, 2016

Easy to understand, not radical, and sensible strategies for weight loss. No grapefruit diet here.

By Tony c

Feb 28, 2017

gave me great insight.

By Astrid U O

May 08, 2017

Very practical and elightened course. I strongly recommend it.

By luis v

Nov 23, 2016

it works

By Nicole C T

Oct 20, 2017

Learned alot!

By Adalis F

Mar 02, 2018

It will be so helpful to me, I'm learning so much and having details how to work all the elements together: weight, age, nutritional composition of food, I'm sure I'll be more conscious of every single move!! THANKS Mrs. Mary Beth Kavanagh and CONGRATULATIONS!!

By Teena M C

Jun 23, 2017

Very good course. Helps in making effective and realistic weight loss plan.

By Nicola J

Sep 20, 2017

A very useful course for designing a personal weight loss plan. Very informative and covers a range of useful topics such as diet, exercise, wellbeing, sleep etc.

I completed as much of the course as I could. I could not do all of it as I did not upgrade so could not complete some of the assignments. However, this did not detract from my enjoyment at doing this course.

My thanks to the educator and course organisers.

By Puji S

Oct 28, 2016

By Catherine S

Jun 13, 2017

Some of this information was brand new to me. I enjoyed the teachers style and I plan on using by new plan immediately.

By Jekaterina

Aug 01, 2017

This course is very unique and have o lot of information how to loss weigh correctly and for ever. Thank you ;)

By Shikha A

Oct 15, 2017

This is a very well structured course for weight loss. This is very practical course which helps participants to set their goals for exercise, nutrition and behavioural change. I am sure this will help many people like me to help themselves and others for healthy weight loss.

By Jaideep J R

Sep 11, 2018

An excellent course to get you started on your path to a healthy life

By Caroline T

Sep 22, 2018

I am so happy to have take that course. It gave me new tools and new perspective and I enjoy much ore my weight loss journey now.

Thank you very much.

By Tania F

Aug 07, 2019

Very good, really makes you think about what you need to do to manage your weight an

By Esha M Z

Sep 09, 2019

A lil bit difficult but very good

By MORCOS I S

Sep 09, 2019

great work , i enjoy

By Luann T

Apr 01, 2019

This course did a nice job in teaching how to lose weight through different angles, not just by eating less and exercising. It was easy to understand and didn't guilt-trip you. I took this course not to lose weight but to get another approach to losing weight for my place of employment.

By Anna G

Jun 21, 2018

Presented ideas are good and reasonable. Recommended weight loss strategies are achievable and can be combined with anybody's everyday life. The instructor is great.Two issues: - you need to pay to complete it;- a lot of personal weight loss tracking is based on SuperTracker website, which is totally great one, but it will be discontinued on June 30, 2018.

By Tina V

Mar 15, 2017

Good concept and such a true message. Hard to realize and for sure finally the only way to get slim and stay slim

By Heike S

Feb 26, 2018

A good course with good hints.