Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.1

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

Jul 6, 2020

As told by the instructor that we would enjoy the whole course, was amazing experience. I learnt with SWOT, how can we work upon reliable goal under time bound restriction. It enhance my knowledge.

JF
Sep 30, 2020

Great course which I completed with a personal weight loss plan designed by myself. There is a printing error on the certificate though. The name and title of the course instructor are not printed.

51 - 75 of 116 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

By Arjay G

Jul 29, 2017

Excellent Course realistic as it gets

By Esha M Z

Sep 9, 2019

A lil bit difficult but very good

By Ai

Apr 8, 2019

thanks everyone for this course!

By Rohail A

Sep 10, 2020

I really appreciate the course

By Veetika G

Jun 11, 2017

AWESOME

By Jasti P B

Jul 22, 2020

good

By Usama H

Apr 14, 2017

G

By Lois S

Feb 11, 2017

I don't know if something as personal as weight loss should be a peer reviewed class. I didn't pay for the class so I wasn't involved in the peer review process. But in other classes I have taken and participated in the peer review process has shown that there are some who make it their goal to be as critical as possible, whether for the right or wrong reasons.

By Anna G

Jun 21, 2018

Presented ideas are good and reasonable. Recommended weight loss strategies are achievable and can be combined with anybody's everyday life. The instructor is great.Two issues: - you need to pay to complete it;- a lot of personal weight loss tracking is based on SuperTracker website, which is totally great one, but it will be discontinued on June 30, 2018.

By Nancy

Mar 9, 2017

The content was great and I found it very helpful, especially the actual scientific studies that backed the information. I was greatly annoyed at the requirement of having to purchase the course in order to do the homework and peer projects. I have never had to do that before and I have taken quite a few Coursera classes.

By Ivanilda V T Z

Sep 25, 2017

O curso está bem estruturado e toda a informação foi adequada e pertinente. Todavia, considero que a avaliação dos trabalho não deveria estar apenas ao cargo dos alunos. Deveria haver um feedback dos instrutores, umas vez que nem todos possuem a mesma formação e capacidade para ser imparcial.

By Luann T

Apr 1, 2019

This course did a nice job in teaching how to lose weight through different angles, not just by eating less and exercising. It was easy to understand and didn't guilt-trip you. I took this course not to lose weight but to get another approach to losing weight for my place of employment.

By Eliane J

Jun 27, 2017

Loved this course. Although I didn't purchase it and was not able to submit the quizzes and assignments, I still learned a lot and I am more aware now on how to manage my weight and live a healthy life. Thank you Dr Kavanagh!

By Lauren K

Mar 29, 2017

This course really helped me to come up with a great weight loss plan. I know the hard part is still in front of me, but I feel more confident now than I ever have embarking on a weight loss journey.

By Vaneet A

Mar 31, 2018

This course is very well designed for beginners. The basics have been taught very well. Designing is the first vital step towards weight loss and i think that is covered very well in here.

By Diana C C R

May 28, 2019

The course needs to have an update since there are some links that don't work since the course is from 2016. But in general a good course, I have learned a lot.

By Saheli M

May 23, 2018

assignment is very difficult to submit.sometimes it will take lot of time.but this course is really help full to maintain weight in healthy way