Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

SP

Sep 10, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course on communication skills. Its a course every professional should take as it teaches the very basics of communication that we all should incorporate and practice everyday.

MG

Mar 12, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

101 - 125 of 356 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By M*** G

Apr 14, 2020

The first 2 lessons are a bit more theoretical. the latter ones are more juicy and full of stories. Really nice course.

By Claudia A G

Nov 27, 2017

I loved the instructor. He was very engaging and made the course and the material very interesting.

Claudia A. Greenwald

By Hannah R

Great instruction and engaging material! I really enjoyed this course and look forward to putting these skills to use.

By Kamran A M

Aug 27, 2017

Content of the course is very good, using case studies based on professional, personal and social lives of the people.

By Patricia G P

Aug 10, 2020

It is really useful and interesting. It opened my eyes about things that I have never considered. Totally recommended

By Peter B

Sep 02, 2019

Thought this course should be required for anyone interested in leading and managing people. Excellent information.

By Alexander M

Apr 16, 2020

Extremely interesting and informative. Looking forward to start applying this highly pragmatic material. Thank you!

By Robert G S P

Jan 08, 2019

Strongly recommend this for the context of communicating in a corporate context and in the context of negotiations.

By Kevin L

Jun 01, 2020

This course was well put together. The information was exceptionally delivered and easily understood. Thank you!

By Omer M A M

Apr 17, 2020

it was most useful training that I have since long time ago, Thanks for the great efforts and clear explanation

By Mario E T A

Feb 13, 2020

Great material and content, very easy to understand due to the small capsules of information for each module.

By Nicolás F

Apr 19, 2020

Helps structure in your head what you have probably already experienced in real life negotiation situations.

By Biplab K S

Jul 18, 2018

The course is in detail to improve effective communication skill development. It will helpful. Thanks a lot.

By Dawn E B

Apr 16, 2020

Great course! Gave me some great tools to improve communication in my current career as a military officer.

By Kalum D S

Jun 18, 2020

I enjoyed this course thoroughly. I got so much out of this and highly recommend this course to everyone.

By Chafai Y

Jun 01, 2020

Was a great course Thank you Sir Maurice, I get deeply in communication and that helped a lot thank you,

By Kona m

Jun 13, 2020

I'm very glad to avail this course.Thanks coursera for giving me the oppurtunity to avail this course.

By vishnu s p

Aug 31, 2020

I enjoyed the course a lot and it was very helpful. Looking forward to take part in more such courses

By Alex P

Jun 04, 2018

A thought provoking and useful course. Recommended. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By Shahzaib

Apr 24, 2020

Very Practical in nature and believe me, you will find its application in every phase of your life.

By Huanhuan J

Oct 30, 2017

With the detailed examples & helpful information, really think I can use them in both work & life.

By Vaibhav S

Mar 27, 2020

This is so constructive and well explained course on improving skills in communication. Thank you

By Tuhin

Jan 28, 2018

Easy to understand, amazing content but so hard to imbibe. I will come back and re do this course

By Kevin G

Jul 25, 2017

Definitely something new here for everyone to learn. We can all improve our communication skills.

By Adaji S E

Apr 30, 2020

I am delighted to have completed this course, I must say, this was truly enriching and educative