Back to Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content by University of Pennsylvania

Ever wondered why some things become popular, and other don't? Why some products become hits while others flop? Why some ideas take off while others languish? What are the key ideas behind viral marketing? This course explains how things catch on and helps you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing your ideas, brands, or products. You'll learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth, and how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. Drawing on principles from his best-selling book, "Contagious: Why Things Catch On," Professor Jonah Berger illustrates successful strategies for you to use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere. By the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on....

ML
Aug 21, 2018

This course is very interesting, helpful and fit to most of people who are working with content, especially for those want to make your content effective to the target audience. I love this course. <3

NR
Jul 25, 2020

Educational and eye opening, the instructor offered amazing content with examples and links to further look into the topics mentioned. A great tool to have for anyone in business, sales, or marketing.

76 - 100 of 1,480 Reviews for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

By Tanay P S

Jan 5, 2018

Prof. Berger has explained the concepts in a very easy manner, making it interesting to learn. Concepts are relevant and very close to how humans connect, share and spread information, but we generally don't pay attention to such details. Thank you Prof, I'll try to be more observant hence on. A must course for marketing and advertising professionals!

By Edijs J

Jan 10, 2017

Recommend to everyone this course. Valuable thoughts and insights on the way how you should craft the information to reach the goal. Not only to make the message to become sticky, but to reach the real person. This should be taught in every university as part of the Marketing course, to realize the potential of everything you can do with a Marketing.

By Семенютина А В

Feb 21, 2021

A very interesting course. The main thing is to understand how to adapt this data to your niche. I thought it would be difficult in English. But the stuya turned out to be very simple. I read the text below (automatic translation), but I hardly watched the videos themselves (except for examples of advertising). I also translated the test questions.

By Manav B

Nov 10, 2020

An amazing course by Prof. Jonah Berger. Simple and easy to understand. I completed the whole thing in one sitting, that's how interesting I found it to be. While going through the videos, I captured real changes I am going to make to my startup. I recommend this course to anyone who wants to better understand the science behind viral marketing.

By Aneesh S

Aug 7, 2017

I'd give 6 out of 5 stars if I could! Prof. Berger is so clear, concise, and does a stellar job at mixing some cool psychology that's so practical and relevant yet interesting at the same time. Anyone can take this course and probably finish it in a week, just because of how intriguing it is.

WARNING: Highly Addictive Course Material inside!!!!

By Maria P

Jan 19, 2019

A lot of useful information valuable for negotiation of almost any type of service or product marketing I can think of. At first, I didn't like so much the format, but then, the capacity of the lecturer to síntesis is astonishing and greatly outscored the standard presentations. Will probably take it as a future reference again. Thank you!

By 20Asar

Jan 7, 2021

It was a pleasure to take this course as it helped me to "freshen up" some of marketing skills after more than 10 years since my graduation from university. Prof Berger was quite entertaining and it was very easy to follow this course. Now I am looking forward to start applying some of these strategies while creating marketing strategies!

By Muhammad S K

Jul 7, 2020

I totally loved what this course offered! Too excited to execute the knowledge and the ideas that I got from this. The information and knowledge that I learned from this course are exceptional and I think everybody, whether he/she is from marketing or not. must learn this as the psychological concepts were too amazing. Highly recommended.

By Jaydee G T

Jun 25, 2020

I was skeptical of online learning after I had an unpleasant experience before, but Professor Berger is superb! His lectures are on-point, sharp, and flawless. He supply his lectures with science and give easy-to-understand examples. His course is quick, but it's enough to learn the fundamentals. Thank you, Sir, and to Coursera as well!

By Gayatri G

Aug 30, 2017

The ideas and thoughts put out on this course is useful in a vast variety of ways; not just in marketing your product or business, but in influencing people and getting ideas to catch on. What I enjoyed the most about the course was the way these ideas were presented, and how examples and coined terms wee used to highlight key concepts.

By Michael S

Aug 23, 2017

Jonah's information was easy to understand and was useful. Compared to some other courses, I didn't get bored learning. Although it wasn't about how to write an ad or make a video, he covered possibly the most important part of marketing; how ideas stick. Hopefully he'll teach more marketing classes. Thanks for all the useful knowledge.

By Javo N

May 1, 2016

I usually have trouble with online courses as it becomes very difficult to stay focused on the course as there is only virtual interaction. But this was just amazing, great content, great information flow through the lessons and amazing speech (it was never boring).

I´m very satisfied to have done this course and learnt this information

By Hocman C

Nov 6, 2017

It is a verry concise course, full of solid information. It was easy to comprehend even with a minimun knowledge about the marketing field, and that is because it didn't came with a lot of scientific terms (or they were explained easily). Some knowledge in the behavioural sciences help at better understanding a big part of this course.

By Auligia A

Apr 21, 2021

I learned a lot about what are the important components that we must pay attention to before creating business content. which is where the content is not only interesting, but contains information that is useful and interesting to the audience. I am very happy that I can learn a lot, and the presentation of the material is very good

By Rana A

Apr 8, 2020

This course was so interesting and you will learn a lot of stuff . I didn't feel bored a minute. the videos were short, simple and the instructor was so genius in delivering the info with the simplest way and u didn't feel how much time u have been listen to this course. I loved it and I will return to check it every now and then

By Kevion D

Jan 16, 2016

This was probably the easiest Coursera course I've ever done. Easiest in that I found the professor engaging and the material expertly and simply presented. The course content was thus readily digested and committed to memory. You can marathon this in less than a day and it won't feel like a chore because it's fun! Try it out. =)

By Dana K

Feb 5, 2019

I just adore the lecturer, I liked the examples suggested, because they clarified a certain phenomena by a very approachable way (considering the fact that I am an undergraduate student). Also, I was exciting to know more about human behaviour in terms of consuming, buying, interacting with people, because everything is so true!

By Michael W

Nov 14, 2016

Over time I have been doing various courses that have never addressed the science of things and this was just the right course for me. Am so happy to have done it and I have already tested the learnings looked at the videos in depth and researched much more. Seeing the science is even more exciting thank you very much for this.

By ADITYA P C

Jun 29, 2020

It was such a informative course.I did have an approximate idea about marketing but this course took my knowledge to a whole new level.The way Professor Jonah Berger explains made it even more interesting.The real life advertisements which he chose to add in the videos while explaining his points made it even more interesting.

By Go W G

Nov 29, 2015

Very entertaining. It is one of the better course on Coursera that doesn't seem like usual boring lecture. Doesn't require much willpower to complete the course since each lecture feels like watching youtube than Coursera. Prof Jonah Berger really know on what he talking about, i hope that this course will indeed "catch on".

By Gülşen B

Every moment of this course was pleasant and instructive, but it is so hard to admit that it is over. I definitely want to take other lessons from dear Jonah Berger. He opened an another window to my opinions. I ordered his "Contagious" book, and just finished with course. Looking forward to meeting you again, thank you!

By Farheen F

Dec 15, 2016

I Just love this course. Being Social Media Marketing Expert, this course is really helpfull for me to understand the pros and cons of Viral marketing and contagious content. I have learned so many things and ideas. I truly love the Prof. You're an amazingly genious Man. Thank you for this complied bunch of information.

By Andrés M

Aug 3, 2020

Me gustó mucho además del inglés, el contenido es nuevo para mí, pero pude lograr el objetivo, gracias por esta oportunidad de oro. Estoy agradecido con mi instructor por dar ejemplos, explicar con vídeos, imágenes y su voz es determinante para el comienzo y final del curso. Espero tenga éxito en cada paso de su vida.

By Jesus S O

Jun 25, 2020

It's a very intersting course, easy to follow what the teacher want to explain and even tho some things that he says are so "simple" or everyday stuff, with him, you can realize that these things can be used to advertise and that people keep your product or brand, highly recommended to know other marketing alternatives.

By Vera K

May 25, 2018

This is an amazing course! thank you so much! I originally got a book from a friend, started reading it but decided to take the course instead. So useful and interesting! recommending to anyone who might be starting their business or has one, who is in marketing or simply if you just wan to know why things catch on !:)