Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

Nov 15, 2016

Amazing course for even beginners in the field of customer analytics. Highly recommend to do this course for enhancing the analytical skills. Examples and case studies explains the concept very well.

1 - 25 of 1,443 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Vinod D T

Nov 29, 2018

The course talks about various techniques and methodologies. But does not get into details. For example, churn analysis. They talk about churn analysis but does not get into the details on how to perform a churn analysis.

By Tariq H

Sep 05, 2017

Theoretical

By Raul

Jan 12, 2019

Good survey of the topic but only focused on B2C. If that were my focus, I'd give it a higher rating. I was hoping for insights on B2B as that is my field, even if only a short video to address differences/similarities/peculiarities.

By Apoorv K

May 11, 2018

Good as an introductory course for customer analytics.

If you are completely new to analytics in general, this might be a good course to start with. However, if you have some prior exposure, you might not learn anything substantial. This was supposed to be a five week course, but I was able to complete it in less than seven days.

How this course can be improved:

I wish that the course included more quantitative elements. I wish that the course included some assignments for the students to actually develop and run some models.

By Tiffany T

Jul 28, 2019

Wow! This was so insightful into how our social media and daily habits are used. I don't like feeling like a sheep, so this awareness is appreciated. I'm still trying to design how I could apply this to my Trade.

By Shruti S

Nov 15, 2016

By Noel D

Jan 31, 2019

By Paulius P

Jul 30, 2019

Insightful and a great introduction to a very complex topic. Probably would recommend having a grasp of statistical analysis before starting (not required) as it would help understand some of the concepts better.

By Suparno B

Jul 27, 2019

Brilliant Course !! Loved going through all the materials and the lectures !!

By ayush a

Apr 06, 2017

Perfect Course for those who want to inquire insight and knowledge of how tons of data that we generate in our day to day life is being utilized by big organizations in optimizing their productivity.

By Akshay K

Oct 07, 2018

Very Detailed course on Customer Analytics. And it presented quite a few case studies too, to understand the concepts better. But I felt that a hands on experience of applying Customer Analytics to a problem in a step wise fashion would have cemented the knowledge gained by this course.

By Darko V

Nov 17, 2019

Great, more examples would be even better :)

By Efe E

Feb 09, 2019

I would like to hear more about models especialy predictive one but all the things about models are bullshit. They generaly talk about demand curve which is a lesson of a economics more than customer analytics. They should choose more appropriate example. Moreover, I expect to see at least the type of models and where it is used generally. It was a waste of time. That's why I am not gonna take other modules. Adios !

By BHAVANI S V

Jan 28, 2019

Course was really helpful. And i learnt many things for my subject. Thanks to Coursera.

By Lucas F d O S

Jan 17, 2019

One of the best introductory-level courses I've ever seen online: there is a fine balance between using entry-level language and concepts and, at the same time, providing high-level relevant information. Awesome!

By Yogeshwar Y

Jan 20, 2019

Good All the lecture is ok.

By Ambika G D

Jan 19, 2019

Very helpful and interesting way of study.

By Thiago Z S

Jan 20, 2019

A very good course,with great professors and nice examples to help understand the things we learn during the course.

By Daniel C

Jan 21, 2019

It is a great course to introduce yourself in the amazing world of analytics, definitely a great decision!

By María A S R

Jan 20, 2019

Buen curso. Dinámico y con contenido interesante, sobre todo la parte de los forecast.

Muchas gracias

By Deenathayalan

Jan 19, 2019

This course is very much useful to know about how modern industry deals with datas. The professors who are taught the courses are really awesome.. I am very satisfied to choose the course on customer analytics in Coursera..

By Sumit S

Feb 02, 2019

Great insights!

By jena m

Feb 04, 2019

Week 5 was fab! Really liked Prof Eric !

By Nicole C

Feb 04, 2019

A great introductory course. I had most of the material before so it was a good synthesis. If one has not had much of the material, it may be a bit confusing especially as the quizzes (especially #3) seem to presume more than lectures cover.

By saransh

Feb 02, 2019

Awesome course.... Very interesting introduction to customer lifetime value...customer analytics one at a time...technology applications...