Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

Nov 15, 2016

Amazing course for even beginners in the field of customer analytics. Highly recommend to do this course for enhancing the analytical skills. Examples and case studies explains the concept very well.

1126 - 1150 of 1,418 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Jayant S

Dec 22, 2015

Nicely presented course, though there could have been more hands on exercises for the participants to internalize the material.

By Ali H

Dec 13, 2015

I love this course, but it needs more content and videos especially on modelling part.

By Ram S

Aug 18, 2016

Being in the industry, we tend to take things for granted and this course enabled me to course correct my view on how technology combined with market research is changing the customer dynamics. I enjoyed every module and the professors were very sensitive to deliver the complex content in a easy-to-understand manner. Looking forward to the next modules.

By Morgan S

Nov 15, 2017

Interesting look at how analytics can be used at the individual customer level. Not intended to help participants do the actual data work, but good for providing awareness about what is possible.

By Andres C A

Mar 11, 2018

Customer Analytics is eye openning, this course changed the perspective I had on the business I'm in charge of, at this moment I'm not aware of hoy my customers behave over time, how many of them have churned or wich of them will likely keep using my service, I had no focus at all of my customer behavior.

I gave 4 out of 5 because the course gives you a general prespective, it would be great if you could get some kind of homework to apply these lessons to real life. I'll try to make the excercises with my costumer data base.

By Neeraj A

Oct 28, 2015

A great starter for business people to understand the value of using analytics in their business decisions.

By RAHUL A

Aug 13, 2016

It was a great opportunity to study on Customer Analytics. Though I have read some techniques during my under grad study but I was not aware that when and where to apply these models.

By Will X

Oct 17, 2015

It's both useful and interesting to see how analytics can be leveraged in marketing practices. I hope this 4-week course could be longer and introduce more assignments of interactive types rather than simple choice questions. Anyway, thanks to three insightful professors from Wharton School!

By Agus D

Mar 23, 2017

very interesting course, insightful

By Philip M

Oct 02, 2016

It was a great course for getting the principles across, but would have liked a little more in depth approach.

By Christopher B

Jan 25, 2018

It was a great experience, well paced and the subject matter was clearly explained. It could use more, deeper content - it feels like scratching the surface.

By Leticia T

Jan 06, 2017

I really enjoyed having classes with all of the professors - they are all great, no exceptions at all! The course gives you a good notion of what customer analytics is and its applications. It is is full of cases to illustrate the concepts and this makes it a lot easier to learn.

On the other hand, you are only invited to "practice" when it is "test time"- more exercises with on the spot feedback would be great! Also, I would love to have learned how to do all the math and graphs the professors show us!

To sum up, from my point of view, it is a really good intro course, but I will have to study A LOT more so that I can attain the level of knowledge I need if one day I intend to work in this field. If Wharton decides to make a continuation of this course, please, let me know! I would be glad to take it!

By Mathieu C

May 07, 2016

Quality of professors varied, expensive for the paid version

By Lucas

Dec 12, 2017

The course is good! But we don't have our questions/doubts answered in the forums.

By Julie H

Jan 01, 2017

Great experience. Content is easy to understand. Wish to have more extended learning materials for future learning.

By Ramachandran R

Sep 26, 2015

Good course. Week 5 content was the best. Week 1-4 were too theoretical and lacked depth.

By Sarp E

Mar 18, 2016

Great class for everyone. I am an industrial engineering student and I am constantly using regression analysis. It was great to know how I can use different statistical methods used in quality management in other disciplines.

As a recommendation: Applications part was my favourite so I would like to see more applications of customer analytics by big companies.

By Dieggo A V T

Jul 24, 2017

The content of the course is very interesting but I was expecting more exercises with the applications of the concepts.

By Ravish S

Apr 11, 2016

This course gives the perfect platform of tools, case study examples to explore the content on Customer Analytics. It also emphasizes on the importance of measuring the customer behavior & satisfaction. Also helps the student to clearly visualize the difference between BIG DATA (CUSTOMER DATA) vs ANALYTICS (Customer data).

By Jane L

Feb 01, 2016

The application and case studies segment was the most interesting.

By Natalia S

Nov 01, 2015

I really enjoyed this course and I'm glad I took it. My favorite part was, of course, Week 5 with its examples of practical application of this information, where I went like "Oh wow, that's true" every two minutes. On the other weeks, however, I sometimes felt a bit out of my element, given Customer Analytics has nothing to do with my primary major nor do I have any real experience doing it, so when the lecturers said things like "I won't focus on this, I'll just give you a quick example..." it was a bit frustrating since I felt like I was missing out on things that customer analytics professionals would understand.

By Timothy S M

Mar 28, 2018

The instruction was somewhat uneven (Professor Fader's lecture was outstanding; the high point) but generally I took a good deal of value from the course.

By Manish T

Oct 13, 2015

Informative course however only theory has been included with no practical application of concepts learned in the course.

By Katherine M

Jan 16, 2017

I enjoyed the content. Some of the professors were more concise than others. I would prefer more slides that watching professors talk. I am looking forward to the other classes in this specialization.

By Hasari T A

Mar 01, 2016

A closer approach to all of us interested in a marketing career. The techniques taught in this course are effective. The only thing to improve in my opinion is the amount of information. I think it has to be a more complete course.