Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

AV

Sep 11, 2016

I really enjoyed the class. Analytics are such an important part of today's understanding of the customer but have other uses even beyond that. Professor Fader has really great insight on the subect.

1251 - 1275 of 1,414 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Andrei N

Sep 16, 2018

I've got the information I was interested in. Thanks. In general, the course is quite light. I would have liked to see more details, best practices, probably some practice.

By Guilherme B P

Aug 16, 2018

Very interesting course but I missed more detailed information on the presentation slides and additional reading papers. It is very helpful to introduce initial concepts about customer analytics but it misses the opportunity to go dipper on...

By John L B

Nov 21, 2016

Overall this was a fairly interesting course, but some weeks were much more engaging and challenging than others. I really enjoyed the challenge of week 3, but unfortunately it was followed by week 4 which was not engaging and lacked content.

By Eugene W

Jun 26, 2017

1) Lack of hands on practice with the Buy Til You Die model.

2) The concepts in Weeks 2 to 5 are already well covered in technology blogs and news sites - I'd have liked to see more current material such as 'Overview of Different Types of Marketing Attribution (Heuristic, Algorithmic..), 'Cohort Analyses', 'How Digital Advertising / Programmatic Media works', 'Web Analytics' etc.

3) Hands-on exercises with R or Excel would be ideal.

By Bojan B

Feb 06, 2016

Not bad, most of the times boring because there were no real examples and scenarios. The professors are knowledgeable and should deliver that to us even though we pay waaaaay less than Wharton students who are fortunate to have rich families...

By Boris L

Oct 05, 2015

A large gap between the presented oversimplistic modeling approaches and the presented applications. I would expect more "meat" in between. The applications part was nice, the regression and predictive part a little too basic, and the prescriptive part not really worth the time.

By robert k

Feb 08, 2016

Basic review for those with some familiarity on the topic.

By Rubén S F

Nov 12, 2015

Although it is quite basic, it is a good starting point for someone new in Customer Analytics

By ABHINIT P

Apr 19, 2018

I really enjoyed lectures by Prof. Iyengar and prof Bradlow. They were very helpful in understanding the basics and the applications. I also like Dr. Peter Fader's approach of teaching a concept though a story. I hope Dr. Berman can innovate and come up with more interesting ways to hold the audience and teach the concepts as currently sitting through his lectures is quite a task.

By Vinogradova A

May 05, 2016

This was very interesting! But we don't have the answers for the questions that appear during the course. And one more time: The big problem of these courses is we don't have real feedback, we can't ask teacher anything.

By 张婧仪

Mar 04, 2018

Too much information that is not integrated nor systematic.

By Subramanian M S

Oct 05, 2015

Fairly basic and theoretical. More applied customer analytics assignments would make the course worth one's while

By Terry-Ann L

Feb 21, 2016

I found this course difficult...

By Bruno G

Nov 20, 2015

Classes were interesting, although a bit light. I would also have liked to have more explanations on the quizzes to make sure the material was fully understood. And reading references would have added to the experience. It felt a bit like the class was kept basic in order to make the corresponding "specialization" package more attractive. Slightly disappointing.

By Dedrick S

Jun 27, 2016

Definitely a lot of useful information. I had a little difficulty with some of the tests. I think I would have done better had there been some exercises to help bridge the concepts to application. Also, some points were tested, and it wasn't clear that those points were so necessary to know.

By Maria G

Aug 10, 2016

El contenido del curso es interesante pero la participación es mínima

By Toby P

Oct 19, 2015

Pros: Concentrated material covered clearly and efficiently. For the limited number of video material (~1/week), there is a lot of basic concepts explained well.

Cons: Few specific examples, which I think reinforce the abstract material presented. I think going though some numbers really drives a point home, and not having examples left me feeling a bit adrift.

Overall: Good information and food for though, but not a lot of actual analytics. Take if you don't have but want experience in this area.

By Arnab K G

Nov 10, 2015

Quizzes are worded in a very round about manner, making passing them a test of the English language!

By Pallavi G

Jan 28, 2017

Great learning experience, although it could be more practical from the very beginning.

By PRABHAT K

Sep 25, 2016

Including a few calculations will help in understanding the core concepts

By Kumar A

Jun 21, 2016

It's provides good exposure!

By Salvador N

Jan 11, 2016

A lot of the content is pretty basic. I was expecting something a little more in depth. There weren't even any problem sets.

By Martina F

Dec 05, 2016

If you are looking for an overview and have not had much exposure so far, this is a good course. If you want to go deep, it will not be sufficient for you. I would prefer a deeper dive with more examples to work with. But still this is a good start.

By Thumb

Aug 09, 2016

Covering basic information of customer research and tools. Not really insightful in my opinion. The structure of the course could improve a little. I think it overall fits with novice learners who are interested in online marketing.

By Richard T

Jan 08, 2016

Good introduction to analytics. Short. Not particularly demanding.