Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

AG
May 4, 2017

'Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity' made me believe that i had all that one should know before starting up. I would recommend this course to all those looking to build the next big thing.

GG
Dec 3, 2018

Even as I had started with a fragmented idea about entrepreneurship, this course kind of helped to articulate and build a structure of thought process around it. Looking forward for the courses ahead.

126 - 150 of 707 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By Nabetcy G

Dec 10, 2018

Excellent, I have learned may tips about the way to developing the prototypes. It's important to assess your potential to develop a enterpreurship successfull.

By Eric Y F X

Feb 23, 2018

It is great to know the methodology about innovation in start up and big company. It can help you to develop your own method to evaluate the new opportunities.

By Cole M

Feb 28, 2016

Very informative! After finishing part one, I now know that this is the program I want to take. I look forward to learning how exactly how to start my company!

By Arunoday S

Oct 15, 2017

Wonderful course for entrepreneurs in their early stage of work.

Beautifully explained the subtle nuances of developing a business idea to its practical form.

By Steven S

Aug 26, 2018

A great course given by excellent professors. It teaches best practices and challenges its students to use the best approach to development of our offering.

By Okwok, I F

Jun 23, 2019

I am truly amazed, I never believed it could be this possible .

thanks to my friend that introduced me to coursera as I am looking forward to do more courses

By Vishwajit S

Sep 2, 2019

Extremely beneficial for a student like me who is going to start his career.I am sure that this course will help me in giving a flying start to my career.

By jeyavishnu

Oct 2, 2019

A well developed content with many new concepts and models, which are crafted in a manner that is easy to understand. I really like it. Great experience!

By 류호창

Jun 8, 2017

I've learned Entrepreneurship course, and I developed my career and academic knowledge through this course. I would like to an other coursera course if I

By Pragya M

Apr 17, 2020

Very well taught, with great examples and interviews from real scenarios. This helped a great deal in iterating few concepts and ideas before launching.

By Abhishek

Feb 20, 2016

Excellent Course. If you are really keen on being a entrepreneur, irrespective of the kind, this course definitely has really valuable lessons to offer.

By Eloi G

Apr 21, 2020

Really interesting, well-balanced approach to the topic of Entrepreneurship. A good set of teachers explain topics in a clear and substantiated manner.

By Rustam T

Feb 25, 2020

A must-take course for anyone interested in entrepreneurship. My appreciation to everybody who has helped to develop this course. Onto the next course.

By Xavier B N

Feb 10, 2016

This course is exactly what I have been waiting for. Not having had the opportunity to have a business education, these teachings are invaluable to me.

By Jennifer P

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course by amazing teachers. Excited to move onto the next class in the specialization. Thank you Wharton, for offering these courses online.

By Audrey C M

May 22, 2020

Great course! I like that all professors use examples and companies that were successful or not successful that helps you understand. Thank you UPenn!

By Terry N S

Jan 26, 2018

The Lecturers are fantastic and the Interviews are world class in insight, so fortunate to have access to this at such an affordable cost. Thank you!!

By Angie T

Feb 23, 2016

Really great course! As an experienced entrepreneur, I must admit, there was value in the information provided and HOW it was communicated. Loved it!

By Carmina M C O

Oct 14, 2019

I love it! It's everything I wanted to learn about starting a business and launching my own startup. Very informative and useful. Highly recommended!

By Arif H

Jul 19, 2017

One of the high grade, informative and interactive online course on entrepreneurship. The knowledge acquired is definitely worth the time and effort.

By jadid

Sep 10, 2017

Really good course for beginners in Entrepreneurship. It served me to get to know well what it is about and how to get started with my own projects!

By Yuefeng P

Jan 7, 2020

Wonderful course, I would never know entrepreneurship could be taught in such a way! definitely recommend anyone who are intersted in this subject!

By Niranjan D

Mar 13, 2016

Great beginning for any course in entrepreneurship! Liked the way opportunity space is explained in course. Very clear delivery and language used.

By Anwar U H M

Oct 4, 2018

Absolutely a great course for beginners , even start ups with good knowledge of entrepreneurship will find this course useful. Highly recommended.

By Chetan S

Jul 10, 2017

Great course, A real Value addition for anyone who is thinking about starting an Entrepreneurial journey.

The Audio Interviews are great Value Adds