Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

AG
May 4, 2017

'Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity' made me believe that i had all that one should know before starting up. I would recommend this course to all those looking to build the next big thing.

GG
Dec 3, 2018

Even as I had started with a fragmented idea about entrepreneurship, this course kind of helped to articulate and build a structure of thought process around it. Looking forward for the courses ahead.

151 - 175 of 707 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By David V

Sep 25, 2018

I learned a lot. I am going to start a business, but I'm glad I took this class first. In this class I learned how to avoid some costly mistakes!

By Franklin O F

Apr 20, 2018

it was very easy to follow the instructors. I also benefitted from the many examples throughout the courses. The delivery was clear and concise.

By Lawrence G R

Apr 8, 2018

The course provided a good mixture of lectures and real world examples, but I really enjoyed the interviews with actual entrepreneurs, priceless

By Zaid A

Mar 29, 2020

A very practical and interesting approach to finding opportunities and analysis. As a student, it provides sufficient knowledge for a beginner.

By Anais E

May 29, 2018

Fantastic course. It's the first one I'm really satisfied with. It's well explained and they give us concrete tools. Don't hesitate, go for it!

By Mehdi S

Oct 21, 2016

It is an amazing course. I had a startup a few years back and by listening to this course, I was wishing I knew these materials before I start.

By Angela V W

Apr 10, 2016

Amazing course! Even though I have already have a business degree I learned so much. Instructors are clear, concise and provide great examples.

By Peter D

Mar 21, 2019

Great Course for those seeking to get a firm understanding of what to consider when starting a business and how to reduce the risk of failure.

By Miguel S

Feb 2, 2018

This is my first run ay Coursera. I found this course to be insightful and well structured, and love the convenience of working at my own pace

By Natali W

Sep 10, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. The videos were very engaging and the content was highly valuable. Every aspiring entrepreneur should take this!

By Shiva K

Jun 2, 2020

Excellent course. The presenters were engaging. The content was well structured. There were many valuable insights shared along the way...

By Camilo S

Feb 9, 2020

Excellent introduction to entrepreneurship, really motives you to keep going, but also provides real tools to use right away in your journey.

By Viral P

Apr 1, 2018

It was an awesome experience of learning. I learnt many new thing. I am looking forward to complete all the courses in this specialization.

By Nicolás R

Great course! Full with examples and with a great multidisciplinary team. Just great! I've learned a lot and I'll continue learning more.

By Shafiur R B

Jun 14, 2020

A great course indeed. Got helped a lot by knowing about the ways of finding the proper opportunities and time for launching a business.

By George M

Apr 4, 2020

Excellent online tutoring and easy to learn interface. Brilliant Professors and simple to review logic and rationale. Overview is good.

By Michael M

Jun 24, 2016

Terrific real life examples and tools! Very helpful taking your idea and making it a real product and/or service. Well worth the $95.

By Thomas M

Apr 28, 2020

I leaned a lot. I adjusted the two sentenced pitch already on my website. The lessons are on a good tempo and the explanation is good!

By SAQLAIN S M

Dec 5, 2019

Wow, really outstanding the content of the course was truly helpful and genuine,and the way of explanation was outstanding great work.

By Xenofon M

Jun 26, 2020

A very well-versed introduction to entrepreneurship! The professors practice themselves the things they talk about. That says it all.

By Enrique

Jan 5, 2017

Excellent course, it gives you the best set of concepts, tools and strategies to search, analyze and develop a business opportunity.

By MD A

Jun 28, 2017

Excellent course! Recommend highly for budding entrepreneurs, product/service designers, developers, and marketing professionals.

By Siddarth J

May 14, 2017

Experiential learning. Every concept is explained using examples, which makes it simpler to grasp. Must do for every entrepreneur.

By Jules F

Jun 19, 2020

There are several zingers that open ones eyes to greatness. The Wizard of Oz model is my favorite. It's like hitting the jackpot.

By Wasiullah

Jun 21, 2020

Hurray! there was certain curiosity regarding entrepreneurship but after enrolled the course has been reduced since the joining.