Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

AG
May 4, 2017

'Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity' made me believe that i had all that one should know before starting up. I would recommend this course to all those looking to build the next big thing.

GG
Dec 3, 2018

Even as I had started with a fragmented idea about entrepreneurship, this course kind of helped to articulate and build a structure of thought process around it. Looking forward for the courses ahead.

51 - 75 of 790 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By Ashraf M

Mar 25, 2018

I've seen many entrepreneurship educational content, read scattered articles and attended dozens of workshops. But this course is really exceptional in the way it's crafted and delivered. It's actually well structured, to the point and very practical and that is the most important thing. I highly recommend it for early stage entrepreneurs.

By Mukesh V

Apr 1, 2021

Detailed and well planned course which capture all critical points in a very simplistic manner. All the trainers were highly skilled and their lectures/videos were easy to understand. I highly recommend this course for those who are already an entrepreneur or are planning to become one whether independently or in a corporate structure.

By Francisco A O A

Mar 18, 2016

As a complete neophyte of Entrepreneurship myself, couse 1 of this specialization successfully enganges the neophyte student. like me, into the field of Entrepreneurship and particularly to the subject of developing the opportunity. Really wonderful presentation of the essence of developing the entrepreneurial opportunity.

By Allan J D

Apr 24, 2019

Great inputs on how to get started with a business. Gives a lot of information on how one can work to make their enterprise successful and conveys info in a smart way as to how to avoid the pitfalls that most founders experience when starting a business of their own. The wealth of live cases/interviews is really helpful.

By Eduardo S R

Aug 30, 2017

For anybody interested in calling him or herself an entrepreneur, this is an excellent way to start. Having good ideas is great! But we all need the basics to put those ideas to work. I enjoyed having an insight from professionals about the realness of launching a company and finding financial independence from scratch.

By Areany T

Sep 17, 2017

The professors were very thorough and direct in their explanations, and providing real examples supported my learning of the concepts. This course was substantive and step-by-step, and left me feeling like tangibly building upon an idea and sharing it with others while earning a financial profit was possible for me.

By Isaac L

Mar 30, 2020

This course was absolutely amazing! I really loved listening to all the amazing information that all the proffessors and mentors had to say. I highly recommend this course to anyone that is even the slightest bit interested in the field of entrepreneurship, or even already an entrepreneur to grow your skillset.

By Javier O

Aug 9, 2017

I am so impressed with the quality of this course! And am VERY grateful for Coursera giving me access to such quality education. The content I learned is exactly the help I needed as I begin my journey of entrepreneurship and start-up world! I am thankful to all the professors, the content is right on target!

By B D

May 15, 2020

This is course par excellence! A must for every fledgling entrepreneur! Everyone should abide by it and keep it as a Bible for the rest of his life! The course material, the professors, the slides, the videos, the interviews, the audio files and of course the angelic Professors are the best that you can get!

By Noor M H H

Oct 13, 2021

I am glad that I took this course. I have learned so much and I am currently implementing the ideas and concepts to my startup. I thank all the teachers for giving me this valuable knowledge which I couldn't have learned anywhere this easily. I want to thank Coursera for giving me this opportunity to learn.

By Viktor L

Apr 20, 2018

The course was very interesting to me and exciting to pursue.

One of my doubts is about details on some specific topics. On one hand, avoiding to go deep into details helps to speed up the course. On the other, is it supposed you will learn the details on your own or they are described in some other courses?

By Nicolas C

May 26, 2016

Good starter material, though that's my totally inexperienced opinion. If anything, perhaps too easy, but more often than not I found valuable information, whether it was new material, or something I thought was plain and straight forward but turned out not to be the case or worked in a different way!

By Ayush R P

Apr 21, 2019

This is the best study material for any person interested in entrepreneurship because it cover all the questions and topics related to any new enterprise.The teacher are not only theoretical but practical too.They themselves have the entrepreneurship experience which is the best part of the course.

By Michael

Apr 12, 2021

I have started several small businesses before taking this course. Some successful and one which was a big failure. While taking this course I have the thought of "Oh wow I was doing that instinctively" as well as the thought of "Oh Wow I should have done that". Great course. I highly recommend it.

By jose b

Feb 4, 2018

It is a great game changer for people looking to start almost all kinds of ventures, from segmenting the market, prototyping and build services ventures.

i would say that i love the last part of the wizard of OZ aproach to services by enabling to do a side prefection at times to try doing business.

By Aurora M

Nov 5, 2020

It is a very clear and useful course for beginners, explaining the key concepts with relevant examples. It is for sure just a starting point, as this obviously can't stand on its own to make you an entrepreneur. I am looking forward to going through the next courses in the specialization as well.

By Akshit G

Feb 4, 2018

Great course material. Very professionally designed. The materials such as discovery driven planning, interviews, surveys, prototyping are tools that I will take from the course.

It would have been also great, if there were some graded assignments where we could actually apply some of the tools.

By Gianluca D

Nov 6, 2019

This course was a great introduction to the topic of Entrepreneurship. While being relatively simple to understand, it was very useful in providing me with a structure on how to approach the beginning phases of launching a new venture and on how to reduce the initial risks connected with it.

By Wei X

Apr 7, 2019

The course was taught by professors who were entrepreneurs themselves and therefore are highly practical. I learned both principles and best practices that I can apply readily. Strongly recommend to all that are interesting in start-up or opportunities within a corporate environment.

By lydia

Sep 4, 2019

This course contains lots of useful insights and information. Even though I already know and experienced lots of things mentioned in this course as an entrepreneur, i still learned something new and it helps me to restart thinking about my business with a more systematic approach.

By Carlo M

Apr 10, 2020

The program is really complete and clear with specific and defined tools to be used during the new entrepreneurial trip! Professor are clear and go straight to the point. I really loved this course and concrete and practical way of teaching. I definitly want to continue with them.

By Eric S

Nov 16, 2017

Excellent course outlining how to innovate within markets, find product/market fit, gain user feedback, prototype products, and pitch ideas to investors, customers, employees, and partners. This course effectively teaches a future entrepreneur how to "develop their opportunity".

By J M T K

Oct 13, 2018

Entrepreneurship can be learnt in a formatted way- this realization I got after going through the course. For many people who fail in making venture must go through this course. It will also help to non- business people to be in the right thought of making a startup. Thank you

By Josselyn N M

Nov 16, 2021

For someone like me with no educational background in the field of Entrepreneurship, this course was a great introduction to the field. The course was highly informative and well-structure. I am impressed at the amount of information that I learned in just a month.

Thank you!

By shyam k

Nov 2, 2019

I really enjoyed this course to the fullest. I could see the amount of effort really goes to be an entrepreneur. The risks needs to be minimized, and once the opportunity is seized, its all about minimization of three factors: Money, Effort and time. Great course to start!