Back to Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity by University of Pennsylvania

How does a good idea become a viable business opportunity? What is entrepreneurship and who fits the profile of an entrepreneur? This introductory course is designed to introduce you to the foundational concepts of entrepreneurship, including the definition of entrepreneurship, the profile of the entrepreneur, the difference between entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial management, and the role of venture creation in society. You’ll explore where technology entrepreneurship and impact entrepreneurship align and where they diverge, and you’ll learn proven techniques for identifying the opportunity, assessing the opportunity, hypothesis testing and creating a prototype. By the end of this course, you’ll know how to test, validate and prototype your idea, and also whether or not you fit the profile of an entrepreneur! You’ll also be ready to move on to the next phase of entrepreneurship in Entrepreneurship 2: Launching the Start-Up....

GG
Dec 3, 2018

Even as I had started with a fragmented idea about entrepreneurship, this course kind of helped to articulate and build a structure of thought process around it. Looking forward for the courses ahead.

OO
Feb 28, 2021

Coursera is the best,,, I’ve always thought going to school was all you need to acquire the knowledge you want... But now I no you can be home and acquire your knowledge through the help of coursera..

76 - 100 of 790 Reviews for Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity

By Dawn M D

Mar 17, 2019

I think the instructors did a great job of delivering the information for the course. It was so interesting, I couldn't stop. I loved the conversational type lecture. Especially loved the introduction and seeing the discussion among the professors related to the course.

By POYU V D

Oct 26, 2020

I am really passionate about this course thanks to highly competent lecturers, really working tools that they've shared with us. I've known a lot of things and fixed in my head known for me information even though I had the same course at my real university's schedule.

By James L B

Aug 17, 2020

Engaging and fast--if you are not simultaneously developing a product, the course moves quickly (I also watched the videos all the time because I really enjoyed the classes!). I liked all of the professors very much! Camera and audio quality was stellar, too.

By Andrew K

It was a nice introduction to the concept of entrepreneurship. I previously thought it was just about building a new enterprise, but understanding how entrepreneurship factors into existing business was especially useful. I look forward to the next course!

By Laura P

Feb 13, 2018

This course was absolutely world class. The professors are in the top of their field and presented current, helpful, and understandable material. The class exceeded all expectations and I look forward to completing the rest of the courses in this series.

By Sabrine M

Jan 5, 2021

I loved it! I always wanted to start my own project but I was always fuzzy when it came to the actual steps to follow. This helped me to clarify that point. Amazing teachers, great content, highly recommended! I will be opting for the rest of the courses!

By Adeline D

Jul 21, 2016

Les professeurs prennent du recul concernant le profil de l'entrepreneur.

Leur avis est très intéressant. Le discours devient très concret.

Ce cours m'a aidée à me poser des questions concrètes quant à mon idée de projet et d'avancer de façon organisée.

By DAVI A N B

Jun 20, 2020

Adorei o curso, recomendo para todos os estudantes que desejam desenvolver senso de empreendedorismo. As infirmações passadas durante as aulas são muito bem aplicáveis no dia a dia. Ótimo também para os estrangeiros que desejam aperfeiçoar seu inglês

By Tamara C

Apr 3, 2018

This course gave me a great introduction into the world of Entrepreneurship. It is easy to follow and in my opinion--worth the time and effort. I am excited to continue with the specialization as this course has already proven to expand my knowledge.

By Tosin T

Jun 7, 2016

This 4 week Course has been very informative and inspiring. While taking it, I found myself thinking up many ideas and being able to give some structure to a few of them. I signed up for the entire specialization and can't wait to start the next one.

By Donald ( C

Dec 28, 2019

Excellent course. Although I have my Executive MBA, there were many concepts and frameworks we didn't have the opportunity to discuss or learn in that program. I found the teaching and information went in-depth; much more than what I was expecting.

By Omar G

Sep 27, 2016

I enjoyed the course very much! I can feel my perspective on the society around has changed that I have started to identify certain opportunities. In addition, my thought process about the best approach to address these opportunities has also grown.

By Soumyaroop D

Jun 2, 2021

I absolutely loved this course, not only because this was a topic that i had much interest in but also because of the level of enthusiasm the professors taught every topic with. I definitely look forward to learning more from this specialization.

By Sebastian W

Nov 3, 2020

Thank you for the great introduction to the specialization course at Wharton. The content is very informative and very well conducted through different learning methods. The teachers have deep knowledge and their lectures are quite interesting.

By Ricardo D C

Dec 14, 2019

It is an amazing course and full of inspiration and intellectual material to apply in business projects, undertake new projects and generate more value. It really helps to professionalize business ideas and the endless opportunities they have.

By Allan T N

Oct 15, 2017

A great simplistic approach to entrepreneurship, and analysis of risks and strategies associated with the occupation. Great introductory material, laid out to cover most, if not all, types of business venture opportunities for entrepreneurs.

By Priya A M

Mar 31, 2019

Perfect way to get an idea of entrepreneurship. The course is well-designed and gave me both the broad overview initially and then really got into the nitty-gritty of developing an opportunity. I really enjoyed all the different professors.

By Eleni P

Sep 5, 2020

It's amazing how detailed and straightforward the course is. It covers all aspects, and all options (product, software, service). I definitely feel more confident as an independent and consider completing the rest of the course chapters.

By Shaz A

Jun 11, 2016

It is a great course for anyone t o learn the basics of things to consider before launching a successful business enterprise.

Kudos to all U Penn professors who have dedicated a lot of time to create this master piece of an online course.

By Jafed E G

Jul 6, 2019

By Bassel A A

Apr 22, 2020

I started this course with zero background and experience in the matter. It was a great start for me, and I plan on finishing the whole specialization due to the high value of information given and effort put in curating the course.

By Ghufran S H

Jun 3, 2020

A very good course from such a prestigious college,and doing it through a medium of Coursera is a great experience. Thanks a lot to coursera for giving me this opportunity to persue the course and learn from great platform.

By Kristofer P

Feb 20, 2017

Great first class on entrepreneurship. I learned a lot that is helping me shape a venture idea and hope that the remaining classes in the specialization will offer more of the guidance I need to move forward with my idea.

By Mahesh Y

Aug 3, 2019

Fantastic course. Very well laid out. I recommend you follow the teachings when starting a business - it helps! Thank you to the course lecturers who have clearly put in a lot of effort to create such a fantastic course.

By Yağmur D A

Jun 30, 2018

I learned a lot from this course however you could also include some graded asignemts other than quizzes. Maybe essay writing, or pitching or choosing a name. You could also give us cases and ask us to find a solution.