Back to People Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for People Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

People analytics is a data-driven approach to managing people at work. For the first time in history, business leaders can make decisions about their people based on deep analysis of data rather than the traditional methods of personal relationships, decision making based on experience, and risk avoidance. In this brand new course, three of Wharton’s top professors, all pioneers in the field of people analytics, will explore the state-of-the-art techniques used to recruit and retain great people, and demonstrate how these techniques are used at cutting-edge companies. They’ll explain how data and sophisticated analysis is brought to bear on people-related issues, such as recruiting, performance evaluation, leadership, hiring and promotion, job design, compensation, and collaboration. This course is an introduction to the theory of people analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform complex talent management data analysis. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how and when hard data is used to make soft-skill decisions about hiring and talent development, so that you can position yourself as a strategic partner in your company’s talent management decisions. This course is intended to introduced you to Organizations flourish when the people who work in them flourish. Analytics can help make both happen. This course in People Analytics is designed to help you flourish in your career, too....

AA

Dec 22, 2018

Thank you so much for this very helpful module! I hope you continue to inspire HR professionals around the world to use HR Analytics as an important means to drive organizational-related decisions.

PN

Jul 28, 2017

This is a very well defined course to give a very good start to the knowledge of People Analytics. The professors have brought in numerous examples to make the understanding of analytics better.

76 - 100 of 868 Reviews for People Analytics

By Meleek H

Jun 12, 2016

This course was both challenging and interesting. Forcing me to challenge what I though i knew and think outside the box. Then introduced a whole base of new ideas and material which will allow me to apply this new skill to my role and think differently about things.

By Elijah P

Mar 15, 2019

This was my first Coursera course and I loved it! I have decided to pursue a career in HR / People Analytics / Database Administration and this course was my first step. I feel like I have a good understanding now on where I should look for more study material.

By ramnath

Jul 08, 2020

Great introduction into this fascinating area. While potential of this emerging field is highlighted very well the course also clearly identifies the need for caution and the challenges that may arise (surprise we are humans!) in making sense of the data.

By Ajinkya D

May 02, 2017

Gave a fresh perspective to looking at this domain of people analytics. Got me acquainted with some fresh ideas and analysis. This course has got me interested and increased curiosity in a very new growing domain that I look forward to explore. Thank you!

By Rana S G

Jul 01, 2016

This course was an eye opener for me. This course changed my perspective to HR and how should HR function within an organization. With what motivation. Very good course. It certainly provides a foundation and perspective to dig deeper into the subject.

By Simphiwe M

May 29, 2017

A great course and an eye opener to how we view performance. I realise that there are so many factors that contribute to a perceived result and there is a need to dig deeper into how we evaluate performance in order to make better business decisions

By Sachin S

Aug 17, 2017

Prof. Massey can probably use more generic examples when explaining Performance Evaluation. As someone completely unfamiliar with American football, it was a little challenging relating the statistics to the topic of the module it was presented in.

By Sandhya P V

Oct 25, 2016

The course has been extremely detailed in explaining the key points of importance of People Analytics In Business. The examples were bridging to the concept and informative. Staffing and Collaboration were the best session I have imbibed well.

By shashanki

Jun 15, 2018

Very informative course. Would recommend it to anyone who is looking for entry level knowledge in the area of people analytics. Also would suggest you to take basic statistics course along with the same- that would definitely add more value

By Javier S

Dec 09, 2017

Fantastic course. The material was easy to follow. One of the most important factors was the passion of the three instructors about the subject! Thank you very much for an excellent course. I am already applying many of the lessons at work.

By Bethany K

Jul 21, 2020

I found this to be the most one of the most engaging courses of the business analytics track. I enjoyed the professors and how they approached each topic, and feel this probably is one of the most applicable courses for all professions.

By Gaurav P

Dec 24, 2015

Great insights provided with respect to People Management especially, Talent Management & Network collaboration, and factors to be considered for the analysis. Concepts are very well explained with relevant examples. Really good course.

By Madhav

Aug 10, 2016

This course is super important for all - such an imperative for professionals involved in day to day people/talent management & staffing.

Totally enjoyed this course, its deeply experiential & i strongly recommend to people managers.

By Jouran C

Dec 12, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed the alternative perspective on how to leverage data resources to cultivate employees regardless of the organization's size. The introduced concepts challenged the way one should think about employee development.

By Maria M G

Jun 09, 2020

This course gives you so many good and new ideas needed in order to be updated in modern entrepreneurship, that I am fascinated! All mentors are clear and motivating! I will keep studying this field, it has gotten my attention.

By Corina L

Sep 04, 2018

Many thanks to all the professors that participated in creating and presenting the material of this Course. I appreciate your contribution and your willingness to share valuable information regarding the People Analytics topic.

By Mustafa A A

Oct 08, 2019

Thank you very much Professors Massey, Haas, and Bidwell. You made HR exciting for me agin. Never thought HR could be made this interesting thorugh applying analytics and common sense. Please keep us inspiring in this manner.

By Ajay K N K

Mar 12, 2019

This course covers 3 important modules of People analytics. I liked the content, delivery and the assignments. Very informative and applicable in nature. I thank Coursera and the University for having such course made for us.

By Sanjay G

Mar 24, 2020

Concise and crisp primer to the field of People Analytics. Though this course is part of a Business Analytics specialization, it is self-contained and a good stepping stone for a more in-depth study of People / HR Analytics.

By Thomas G S

Feb 27, 2019

Excellent, clear course on the vital area of People Analytics. Examples are handy to get a good understanding. I would have liked them to include a few more links to resources about how to set up certain statistical studies.

By Roberto L L

Mar 07, 2019

An excellent course, it introduce us to the wide and developping world of analytics for management people at work whic is driven data. It wisely advice about common mistakes and draft a route to add value to organizations.

By Eunice C

May 05, 2020

Great course, lectures packed with theories, examples and insightful analysis. Slides are well-detailed with graphs, reference articles are extremely useful, and the quizzes really help with summarising the key learnings.

By Rachelle B

Jul 03, 2020

I found this course really relevant to my career. I came away from many of the modules with practical applications to use at work. I highly recommend this class to anyone who wants to learn more about People Analytics!

By Daniel V

Dec 18, 2015

Extremely valuable introduction to People Analytics. It has inspired me to go back and revise my knowledge of statistics and investigate further what methods my company uses when evaluating personnel. Highly recommended

By Jaimon A

Jul 26, 2020

Great Course with Greater faculty. Both Martine Hass,Cade Massey and Mathew Bidwell took me through the entire People Analytics course in a lucid way with good examples and making it easier to comprehend and understand