Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

301 - 325 of 365 Reviews for Business Writing

By Rashmi G R

Oct 03, 2019

I would like to thank all the instructors in this course for their detailed explanation.

By Marina M

Oct 05, 2019

I start to write clear through this course

By Stephanie

Oct 07, 2019

Really enjoyed how easy it was to follow this course and how I didn't feel overwhelmed with the topics.

By Myeong G C

Oct 09, 2019

This course is really helpful to everyone. Students could learn basic witting skills and it covered all level students. I would like to recomemnd it someone who is hesitating to take it.

By d A

Oct 12, 2019

Excellent course!

By Sylvia L

Oct 15, 2019

The tips and suggestions from this course have been super helpful. I have been using the techniques in my email and daily communication. Highly recommended.

By Diego V

Oct 25, 2019

Thanks

By Mohamed R M

Oct 26, 2019

It's an awesome course.

Thank you Coursera and thanks to everyone participate in this course ♥️

By Akshay G

Oct 27, 2019

Great and simple concepts!

By Daniela Á K

Nov 06, 2019

Quentin, you are fantastic. This course was incredible. YOU are incredible! Not only do I feel I learned so much, but the experience was absolutely enjoyable. Thank you so much!

By Ricardo J C

Nov 05, 2019

Excelente herramienta de aprendizaje para mejorar las habilidades de comunicación escrita. Altamente recomendado.

By Fukudome K

Nov 08, 2019

This course provided me many new tips on business communication with others. So valuable!

By Francesca

Nov 08, 2019

Incredibly informative and helpful.

By Ramsha A k

Nov 24, 2018

this course has polished my writing skill and let me learned healthy moral values

By ali a

Feb 01, 2019

Very useful

By Todd B

Mar 05, 2019

I started learning valuable information from this class right away. Thanks for the course, Coursera.

By Mohamed M

Dec 06, 2018

Good course, highly recommended.

By Jake Z

Aug 29, 2018

I really liked the course but after completing week three and the "honor" part of the course I received no peer reviews (I did not wait until the last day).

By Joyce S

Oct 16, 2018

This course helped provide important, timeless principles for business writing. Quentin's teaching methods are so enjoyable, it felt like a breeze going through the material, until you come across the difficult assignments! Has just the nice amount of pre-quiz lessons and homework at appropriate difficulty levels.

By Juan G

Oct 23, 2018

It is a good course that help on our

By Venkat G

Jul 20, 2018

The course is great . More examples and exercises would have been helpful to master the writing skills.

By Raghav K

Dec 06, 2017

Could've had more practice quizzes.

By Antonio L N

Aug 08, 2017

Very useful business writing techniques. I would have wanted the course to provide more specific advice on how to effectively translate complex ideas into clean, simple paragraphs.