Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

126 - 150 of 898 Reviews for Business Writing

By Chandrakant V

The sessions were crisp and clear, It has been a journey to grow and develop. I actually ended up editing my own review to express.

I am happy to have enrolled for the course.

By Kate E

Jan 9, 2018

This is a great course. I love the instructors' style and how some of the lectures are set up like they're talking in a coffee shop. it is approachable and keeps my interest.

By Graziella B d O

Nov 30, 2020

Best writing course ever! Straight to the point lessons and effective exercises. You start to see your evolution from day one. I already recommended it to all of my friends.

By Claudia S

Oct 30, 2020

This is a great and practical course. Even though it's pretty basic, it covers the fundamentals of good business writing and even seasoned professionals can benefit from it.

By Dattatray R K

Apr 18, 2020

The course is very well designed Dr. Quentin McAndrew along with her colleagues David and William. It will surely help me in improving my day to day business communications.

By Nitul S

Jun 7, 2018

This course has been a great mind exercise. I heartily thank the teachers and Coursera Team for teaching these skills that will help me professionally as well as personally.

By Tim A

Jun 5, 2018

An excellent course that sets you up with a solid foundation and formula for professional business writing. I have been able to apply the concepts and frameworks immediately

By Oluwatobi G

Dec 9, 2016

The classes and assignments were worth the time and effort because my writing is better. The facilitators have done a brilliant job arranging the course and specialisation.

By Pradheepa G

Jul 11, 2020

It was an excellent learning. I loved it! I recommend this course to every person who wants to improve his business writing skills in a quick, possible and beneficial way.

By Catherine R

Jun 17, 2018

It is a great tool for anyone looking to improve their writing skills. My memos and presentations have improved thanks to the editing tips and examples that are showcased.

By Phylicia B

Oct 30, 2016

This course is great!

It teaches you to write well in business and changes your perspective on writing.

Write for the reader not for yourself,the writer.

Best course ever!!!

By Sadia A

Sep 25, 2020

One of the best courses I got to get in! The way the instructors taught everything made it all easy to understand and apply. Learned a lot of things. Highly recommended!

By K S S C S

Apr 8, 2020

I am an MBA student. The course covered the basics of business writing. Dr. Quentin McAndrew is an amazing faculty. She taught everything in a simple and effective way.

By Mareshah S

Oct 7, 2020

Great course, learnt simple things that I was doing wrong all my life.

Lectures are short, to the point, and made easy to learn.

Thank you very much for this experience.

By Jimmy L

May 7, 2020

Brilliant! A clear, concise and compelling course delivered in a fun way. I love that I am able to apply newly acquired skills immediately. Thanks Dr. Quentin and team.

By Mohanapriya G

Aug 7, 2020

Hi I really enjoy the sessions. Now I am confident of how to write efficiently and effectively. My writing skills is significantly improved. Thank you for this course.

By Rakesh G

Aug 4, 2020

This course provided easy to use recipes to make your writing effective. Dr. Quentin has a hit course on her hands. The course content and presentation was very good.

By vedika j

Jan 23, 2019

This is well structured course and it covers all the small details of Business Writing that are often overlooked. Also, I loved Professor Quentin's style of teaching.

By Jesús E N L

Mar 11, 2018

It was a surprise to me that in business writing, i would have to simplify my writing but overall its a good class and teaches so much about becoming a better writer.

By Muhammad A T

Sep 12, 2020

I could never think about the importance of this course for my career. Thanks to the instructor who knows taught me several lessons to overcome my writing mistakes.

By Afifa S

Sep 25, 2019

Amazing Course and a game changer for every professional. To the point, clear and excellent structured lessons for the learners.

Highly recommended course for sure

By Ausrius M

Aug 21, 2020

Great course!

All the lessons can be applied to all kinds of different writing, to make it concise, clear, and more enjoyable to your readers.

Definitely recommend!

By Paco M

Sep 26, 2017

The course is essential for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. There is just so much that is condensed into the course without sacrificing quality.

By Shashank J

Mar 20, 2017

Very well designed and organised course. Profs discussions were very interesting. Assignments were awesome. I'll recommend this to all non-native English speaker.

By Thomas S

Aug 11, 2016

The Specialization on Business writing: taught me how to speak with authority, To value Clarity and brevity in my sentence structure, and always revise my work.