Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

151 - 175 of 366 Reviews for Business Writing

By Alex C

May 31, 2018

Phenomenal writing course. You will learn all the basics to improve as a business writer. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Ellis K P

Nov 15, 2016

Great course!

For me this course ended too quickly. I think the business writing aspect of this specialization can be divided into two or three courses, so that we may get more time to practice and learn new things.

By Yury P

Nov 04, 2016

Very practical.

By ELINGUI P U

Aug 07, 2016

A life changing course, width great instructors

By Aniuzka A

Sep 17, 2017

Excellent and useful course.

By Gabriel C d B O

Jan 18, 2018

Excellent course. It teaches the basic of writing structure.

By Waleed E

Sep 20, 2017

VERY NICE AND HELPFUL AND COURSE

By Jean B

May 14, 2017

With a bachelor's degree in journalism and professional writing experience, I was concerned that this course wouldn't benefit my writing skills. I recently changed jobs, however, and my new leadership encourages continuing education. Business Writing helped me hone my skills, reminded me of a few key items I had forgotten, and renewed my interest in creating excellent work.

By Kriti P

Aug 19, 2017

This course is designed so creatively that it will help learners like us to make every second comfortable while dealing with others.

By simpson

Nov 18, 2017

good!

By Maxine J W

Jan 14, 2018

Professional, effective and enjoyable. Gripping, well written and presented lectures, broken into small, easily digest-able chunks of learning. Would recommend this course to all those new to the field of business, be they students or professionals.

By Benico v d W

Aug 09, 2017

Outstanding !!!

By Devansh P

Dec 06, 2017

Well structured and easy to learn . Covers all the points which can help you in making an efficient and professional business document.

By Janet K

Jun 01, 2018

I consider myself a fairly decent writer. Even still, I was reminded of some concepts long forgotten.

By Alejandra B

Mar 01, 2018

This course includes very important and useful techniques for a better writing. It was a smooth experience, easy to comprehend and apply. I loved watching the videos. The course is interesting and entertaining.

By Amit S

Dec 13, 2016

Kudos to Quentin and team. i congratulate everyone for putting effort and designing such a beautiful course. i thoroughly enjoyed attending this program. Exceptional presentation. I highly recommend to people who are interested in honing their skills.

By Safa K

Sep 23, 2017

One of the finest, learning opportunity. Thanks to Coursera and the amazing mentors

By Paco M

Sep 26, 2017

The course is essential for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. There is just so much that is condensed into the course without sacrificing quality.

By Pablo V I

Apr 26, 2017

I recommend this course to everybody, it is dynamic, interesting and fun. The purpose is to learn Business English and you will get it!

By Diana C

Nov 15, 2017

Great course. Clear, entertaining and business focused.

By Nancy G G

Dec 02, 2017

I immensely enjoy the persons teaching this course, especially Quinton. She adds a passion to her teaching that makes writing, and even learning grammar an exciting thing! This course seems to simplify what I used to think was so very difficult and confusing.

By Duygu C

Mar 16, 2018

What a great course! I was immediately able to apply the recommendations to my work emails for example. I also found the grammar section quite useful. Especially the use of which & that, but also use of and & comma. This course points out flaws in your writing , which you probably didn't think you had, and gives practical solutions to these flaws. Thank you!

By Chen-Ta C

Feb 10, 2018

Really powerful and useful. Love it