Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS
Jan 9, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

201 - 225 of 888 Reviews for Business Writing

By Jeffery S

Mar 19, 2019

This is a great course to sharpen writing skills or to introduce key writing principles. The lessons are very effective and clear.

By Jin T L

Jul 29, 2018

I chose Business Writing as part of my company training.

It was a meaningful and good choice.

Thank you for your good education.

By Dawid B

Apr 24, 2020

I haven't been taught essentials of business writing in an easier an clearer way yet! I highly recommend this course to everyone!

By Catherine D G

Jan 3, 2019

Exceptional course! Your enthusiasm, encouragement, and dedication to making this a great MOOC have set the bar high. Thank you.

By vinitha

Jul 21, 2017

This course taught me things that my job cold never teach me. Quentin was very efficient in training and delivering the content.

By Melanie N

Mar 24, 2020

This course was very informative. I did not think it would be. It spoke to where I am now in life and not where I use to be.

By JESUS I Z G

Jul 12, 2020

El curso es completo y ordenado. Sirve un montón. Lo recomiendo porque de verdad te ayuda a mejorar tus textos profesionales.

By Tanya M N

Aug 1, 2019

A fantastic course. I could implement the knowledge I received immediately and it made such an amazing difference to my work.

By Jerod G

Aug 31, 2018

Great course! Although i wish i knew the honors portion started week 3 so I could have planned ahead for the extra workload.

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 8, 2018

Dr. Andrew taught the class exactly according to the best writing practices. That is to write simply, clearly, and concisely.

By SIDDHANT S

Thanks a lot for this course. I can confidently say that i have learned a lot and will serve me a greater purpose in future.

By Eun-young S

Jul 12, 2018

I learned many practical tips. I am more conscious about my writing and started to notice others' mistakes after the course.

By Sue K

Jul 6, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!

By Sumaiya M

Nov 9, 2020

The course contents were designed well. The presenters were well prepared, experienced and whole course was knowledgeable.

By Sahory O P

Aug 20, 2020

Excellent course, it's very simple and straightforward, and gives you several tools that can be applied to every day work.

By Joaquin B

Jun 24, 2020

I really improve my writing skills, I also improve my knowledge and perception about it. I am proud to take this course.

By jennifer s

May 2, 2020

I had a great experience doing this course and appreciate the hard work put in by the facilitators.

Thank you once again!

Oct 19, 2016

This was a great course. Lessons were short and sweet, and a lot of tips were given that improved my writing instantly.

By Jessica C

Apr 27, 2020

Very easy to understand and apply. Challenging and tricky question, forces one to remember all best writing practices.

By Eze G

Apr 3, 2020

The syllabus is well organized. I learnt business writing from a whole new simplified perspective. Thank you Quentin!

By Marrissa L

Excellent course! Gives you a road map to successful business writing. Companies need to make this course mandatory.

By Debarati B

May 27, 2018

Very professional and useful. Because of time limit, it is a short one - but more details would have been wonderful.

By Ben L

Jun 12, 2019

The course provides a systematic look into business writing. I enjoyed all the videos and tests. Thank you Quentin!

By Aline B L D

Aug 27, 2020

Excelente conteúdo para entender as técnicas mais eficazes para obter uma escrita mais concisa e direta em inglês.

By Javier P M

Aug 21, 2020

I loved this course, it's very useful indeed. We need more of these courses. There's a lot to learn to write well.