Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

201 - 225 of 941 Reviews for Business Writing

By Pablo V I

Apr 26, 2017

I recommend this course to everybody, it is dynamic, interesting and fun. The purpose is to learn Business English and you will get it!

By Rand N

Jun 25, 2020

This Course is very useful and well organized, it illuminate all critical and important points every writer wants to pay attention to.

By Dhanashree S D

May 4, 2020

I found this course very interestingly designed. The course instructor is very clear in explaning all the aspects of business writing.

By Jared A

Jul 23, 2017

This is an excellent course because it's practical. We apply what we learn immediately. Highly recommend this as a refresher course.

By Theresa S

This was the first course I had taken in over 30 years. I really enjoyed it and am eager to continue on to the graphic design class.

By Ethan B

Aug 15, 2018

This is a great course and the teaching quality is unbeatable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.

By Kriti P

Aug 19, 2017

This course is designed so creatively that it will help learners like us to make every second comfortable while dealing with others.

By Alerik E C R

Oct 20, 2020

This course taught me to be more effective in communicating and writing. It also lessened my chances of making a grammatical error.

By Sarah D

Apr 22, 2020

This was an excellent course and I highly recommend it for both native english speakers like myself and all business professionals.

By Jeenoor P K

Aug 12, 2019

This course helps a lot for who writes many documents in routine and I will say it gives us strong foundations in business writing.

By Jemwel A

Nov 10, 2020

This course was very interactive. The instructor discussion forums also enable us to participate as well through active listening.

By Jeffery S

Mar 19, 2019

This is a great course to sharpen writing skills or to introduce key writing principles. The lessons are very effective and clear.

By Jin T L

Jul 30, 2018

I chose Business Writing as part of my company training.

It was a meaningful and good choice.

Thank you for your good education.

By Dawid B

Apr 24, 2020

I haven't been taught essentials of business writing in an easier an clearer way yet! I highly recommend this course to everyone!

By Catherine D G

Jan 3, 2019

Exceptional course! Your enthusiasm, encouragement, and dedication to making this a great MOOC have set the bar high. Thank you.

By vinitha t

Jul 21, 2017

This course taught me things that my job cold never teach me. Quentin was very efficient in training and delivering the content.

By syara s

Jan 19, 2021

This course focuses on the fundamentals of business writing. Thank you for the certificate, I'll regularly practice my writing!

By Melanie N

Mar 24, 2020

This course was very informative. I did not think it would be. It spoke to where I am now in life and not where I use to be.

By JESUS I Z G

Jul 12, 2020

El curso es completo y ordenado. Sirve un montón. Lo recomiendo porque de verdad te ayuda a mejorar tus textos profesionales.

By Tanya M N

Aug 1, 2019

A fantastic course. I could implement the knowledge I received immediately and it made such an amazing difference to my work.

By Jerod G

Aug 31, 2018

Great course! Although i wish i knew the honors portion started week 3 so I could have planned ahead for the extra workload.

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 9, 2018

Dr. Andrew taught the class exactly according to the best writing practices. That is to write simply, clearly, and concisely.

By SIDDHANT S

Thanks a lot for this course. I can confidently say that i have learned a lot and will serve me a greater purpose in future.

By Eun-young S

Jul 12, 2018

I learned many practical tips. I am more conscious about my writing and started to notice others' mistakes after the course.

By Sue K

Jul 6, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!