Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

51 - 75 of 366 Reviews for Business Writing

By Leila T A

Oct 15, 2017

I picked up many useful skills and highly recommend this course to managers at any level. The material is presented in a fun way, and I studied mostly on a bus when commuting to work.

By Madison P

Jan 26, 2017

Learned easy tips to improve my writing skills! Highly recommend.

By James A

Mar 01, 2018

Would strongly recommend to take this course. You see writing through a whole different perspective.

By Miguel A A M

Jun 16, 2017

Excellent material. The course is easy to follow and provides practical tips to improve your writing.

By Julia

Feb 06, 2017

Easy to understand and really helpful.

By Marie B

Sep 28, 2017

I really enjoyed this course and the basics taught is a great starting point to doing a good design.

By Ramesh T

Jan 18, 2018

Very effective and easy to learn

By Waxson M

Dec 12, 2017

A very good course which made me a better writer and communicator. Keep up the good work

By Merle B

Sep 26, 2016

This is a very helpful course that is taught in a fun, interesting way. I have been writing for business for many years and I still learned quite a bit from Dr. McAndrew's course!

By Thomas S

Aug 11, 2016

The Specialization on Business writing: taught me how to speak with authority, To value Clarity and brevity in my sentence structure, and always revise my work.

By Sarah A

Nov 04, 2017

Amazing course, videos are straight to the point and very interesting. Thank you!

By Ying F

Mar 21, 2018

I truly love this course.

By vinitha

Jul 21, 2017

This course taught me things that my job cold never teach me. Quentin was very efficient in training and delivering the content.

By Gustavo P

Nov 26, 2016

It was excellent!!

By Ayo A

Jan 16, 2017

This course is useful basically in all spheres of life. Thumbsup

By Harfishah K

Jul 03, 2017

Very useful and easy to understand.

By Samar H

Sep 23, 2017

It is a good course for improve our skills like writing

By Zhi

Dec 02, 2016

basic but very useful skills and tips.

easy style (good articulation, short videos, discussion from time to time) which is good for people with full-time jobs.

Lecturers organize a few events on Facebook and recommendations of reading from time to time --> a good approach of social and staying connected.

By Jared A

Jul 24, 2017

This is an excellent course because it's practical. We apply what we learn immediately. Highly recommend this as a refresher course.

By Hong Y

Nov 25, 2017

Easy to understand and easy to learn! Well design!

By Nilesh D

Feb 12, 2018

Very helpful tips in the course; great instructor.

By Olti G

Dec 14, 2016

Well taught and great content .... what you learn is very useful, especially thanks to practical exercise tests

By Chris F

May 16, 2017

Learn what's needed to present the best professional version of yourself via writing.

By Hend N

Feb 12, 2018

It's amazing Course and instructor. I completely gained a real knowledge which make me able to understand a lot about business writing . I do thanks Coursera for giving me this chance to improve myself.

By Eka P

Dec 30, 2017

Great experience, easy to follow yet impactful course. Thanks Quentin for the less