Back to Writing for Young Readers: Opening the Treasure Chest

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing for Young Readers: Opening the Treasure Chest by Commonwealth Education Trust

This course is for curious students and aspiring authors with a passion for writing for young readers. Participate in a dynamic online community of writers as you experiment with your own writing and develop your voice. This course will guide you with a combination of video lectures, online readings, peer reviews, and guest appearances from world-renowned children’s authors. As you work through the writing exercises, you will give and receive feedback from your peers and gain tools and techniques for improving your writing. During this course you will identify stories that matter to you, explore cultural significance and boundaries, and shape your identity as a writer; become familiar with standard elements of narrative (character, setting, plot, theme, language, dialogue, point of view); reflect on your own work and practice essential self-editing skills; see the different ways in which words and art interact, and the possibilities of longer narrative forms; come away with practical insights into publishing options; and create a plan for pursuing your enthusiasm for writing. By the end of the course, you will have ten to twelve extracts of writing that you can develop into a portfolio. Join a dynamic community of many voices from around the world. Find inspiration in your own voice, heart, and place so that you can tell the stories for young readers you’ve always wanted to tell....

DB
Feb 6, 2016

I am a beginner wantabee author and publisher, first steps are elementary, as I need. Self paced, life can get in the way. Instructors are wonderful, as are the guest speakers and interviewees Thanks.

FO
Jul 16, 2017

This course introduces writing in an easy to understand way. The interviews with published authors are very insightful as well. The exercises are a great avenue to practice what the Mooc instruct

176 - 200 of 464 Reviews for Writing for Young Readers: Opening the Treasure Chest

By Tatiana Z

Jan 28, 2017

Fue un curso maravilloso! Muy interesante y con muy buenas pautas, perfecto para los que amamos la escritura

By Ashley T

Feb 22, 2021

Brushed up on info about writing. Best part, having exercises to complete and people give feedback on them!

By Sanika_2573

Aug 26, 2020

Loved it truly.............

Now, I have better ideas about writing and also know how to reach out to people

By Noushad N A

Jul 2, 2020

This Course was very Helpful in improving my writing skills and understand my more creative writing skills

By Telen G

Feb 17, 2016

I really liked this course it was fun and it taught me a lot about the course of writing and publishing.

By Alexis J M

Aug 18, 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed this course, it was really interesting and broken down into small, manageable chunks.

By Savannah N

Sep 16, 2016

I love this course, It is really helping me improve my writing skills, and grow my love of writing. :)

By Pamela O

Aug 8, 2016

I had so much fun in this course. It balances information with practice and is a great course to take.

By Megan L K

Jul 26, 2020

Extremely helpful content...I really feel capable of diving into the world of writing and publishing.

By Ana B A G

Aug 24, 2017

Muy bueno. Recomendado para cualquiera que quiera ser escritor. Los consejos que dan son los mejores.

By Pamela P

Aug 1, 2020

I highly recommend this course, I am a new to writing books. This course has helped me tremendously.

By Sebastián G P

Nov 13, 2015

Awesome course, an incredible opportunity to polish writting skill and to meet some fellow writters.

By Adrea B

Nov 1, 2015

I just started this mook and have learned more than any other writing course I've taken on coursera.

By Reshma M

Jul 22, 2019

Great course. Let's you grow your interest in it and in your own pace. Very helpful for a beginner

By Nhu N

Sep 27, 2017

Great for a short course! The teacher has shown all tha basic ideas and left the imaginary for us!

By Oshee J

Sep 26, 2015

Brilliant course to learn or refresh your writing skills. Great tips for editing and writing, too.

By Andrea S R L

Feb 26, 2017

Un excelente curso para iniciarse en el mundo de escritura o para profundizar más en este ámbito.

By Juan M J

Feb 23, 2019

Está buenísimo. Es una gran introducción al mundo de la literatura orientada al público juvenil.

By Noelia F

Feb 21, 2017

Muy bueno y completo. Además de la teoria hay varios ejercicios practicos que son de gran ayuda.

By Rodrigo R M

Jan 2, 2016

Thank you all so much for having this course. It helped me a lot in starting my writing process.

By Eliana H

Jul 18, 2019

I´m now even more motivated to be a writer. Thanks for open my mind and heart to writing again.

By Gina

Jul 4, 2016

This is one of my favourite courses, it is very interesting and I was able to grow as a writer.

By Benjamin J S

Aug 19, 2015

What a fun course! I never knew I could write. I can't wait to get my first book published!

By Michele W

May 22, 2017

Aprendí mucho y disfruté las clases. Los profesores realmente te animan a seguir adelante.

By Amel K

Jun 14, 2016

Amazing course I love it. I learned a lot about how to write for young readers.