Back to Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios by Coursera Project Network

4.3

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn how to examine the company’s performance on a yearly basis, as well as against their peers. The learners will be able to analyze the company’s performance in terms of profitability, liquidity, activity, and solvency. The learners then will be able to communicate their findings. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We're currently working on providing the same experience in other regions. This course's content is not intended to be investment advice and does not constitute an offer to perform any operations in the regulated or unregulated financial market....

FS
Mar 24, 2021

For me who do not have deep experience in finance, this course is good. Especially as the first step to make a better financial analysis. Thank you Coursera!

RA
Oct 1, 2020

thanks for the interesting materials and user friendly tool to achieve the certificate. I enjoyed the course and practiced very well.

1 - 25 of 73 Reviews for Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios

By Scott A K

Feb 27, 2021

Unable to find / download the Google Sheets course material, so can't work along with it. Waste of time.

By CHUI W S A

Jul 2, 2021

I did not complete the course as the instructor for this guided project has not explained how to get the course materials. I also able unable to unenroll from the course.

By ALDO A

Mar 5, 2021

The Rhyme tool didn't function.

By Ashwanth R

Could have been more user friendly and better explanation of terms and ratios, probably given in reading material.

By Indraneil B

Jun 27, 2021

This is the most infuriating course I have ever taken, there are countless issues and I am surprised this passed Coursera's QA and is a course offering. The instructor just runs through a bunch of formulae in an excel worksheet. That worksheet is not easy to access and his instructions on how to do so are lacking. The course material does not explore the why of these ratios, simply runs through getting the formulae. The audio quality is terrible and there are skips, feedback and unpleasant sounds. The graded quiz is confusing as the instructor uses terms interchangeably which is probably a nightmare for people new to this course material. My advice to learners would be avoid this course and save your precious time and energy.

By ANKIT K

Aug 11, 2020

I could not reschedule my deadlines, as a result of which I couldn't pursue the project. Also, cannot unenroll as well. What's the point in having a reset deadline button then?

By Soumya S

May 14, 2020

I couldn't access the rhyme tool.

By Henri R

Nov 4, 2020

A very good introduction course to analyzing and understanding a company's performance indicators! The lecturer uses VW and BMW finances for this course. I used two local construction publicly listed stock companies for the analysis, worked great. Many of the terms differed, but all in all I got more value out of this lesson using stocks I picked myself!

By Amy Y

This course is a plug-and-play of using ratios to analyze a company's performance via Google Sheet. Unfortunately there is not enough explanation on the various items that are in a financial statement, as it's assumed that learners already know these terms (e.g. equity vs. asset vs. liability). However, I do not believe those with knowledge of financial statements would need a basic introductory course on ratios in the first place (those could be found by doing a quick internet search). Regardless, it would have been helpful to at least include some information to guide those who don't really understand financial statements to internalize the learning and be able to apply them to a wide variety of settings.

With that said, the dual window functionality of the learning platform makes it easy to follow along with the instructor when completing the spreadsheet calculations.

By Antonio A A A

Jun 14, 2021

Learned nothing. I can get the formulas from internet, this course is not worth it.

By Mohd. H A

May 18, 2021

worst i didnt receive any google spreadsheet. so i can't complete my course.

By bernardval g

Apr 19, 2021

Rhyme software not functioning. Cannot download the necessarily files.

By Faza Y S

Mar 25, 2021

By pranav M

Jun 28, 2020

Its not what you expect it to be

By Ibrahima C

Jun 27, 2020

I.C

I have learned a lot skills to consider a career in Finance from this course I very much enjoyed! The instructor was good. I am grateful and really excited to have earned new skills. I love to learn! I will definitely recommend this course to my student friends. I hope to use my new acquired skills soon! COURSERA is one of the very best learning platforms I sincerely appreciate and humbly feel grateful for. As a student without income I hope I would expend my learning experience on COURSERA with free student account if possible! Thank you both (Coursera and the instructor) for this great course!

By Shilpy G

Jun 8, 2020

Thank you!! to the Mentor he explicited all the concept very well, I learnt tricky things while putting the formula

As while giving certification it was bolt from blue for me, that I didn't clear assessment, the assessment

was also wonderful wherein I was making a lot of mistake but finally crack it .

It was a great learning platform!!!! Thanks you Mentor Sir and Coursera.

I

By KAMESVARAR S

May 15, 2021

Analyzing Company Performance using Ratios, is one of the best learnings in coursera will groom you as an entrepreneur to run your business. excellent learning thanks my organization for providing this opportunity.

By Rashada A

Oct 2, 2020

By Rasmi S

Feb 9, 2021

Really appreciated this guided project. I feel a lot more confident on ratio analysis and also on finding financial statements.

By EKTA A

Aug 16, 2020

I enjoyed learning so much as i can practice it by myself, side by side. Excellent way of teaching.

By Pham T M D

Sep 27, 2021

i see this project is very useful with me, i think it brings a lot of interested knowledge

By Martin V

Jun 11, 2020

It was really helpful for me, I got to learn something new and interesting.

By Dr.S.Kamalasaravanan

Jun 21, 2020

Its good opportunity for me strengthen my analytical skills in finance

By Abhishek S

Jun 19, 2020

Detailed explanation and wonderful way to practice hands on.

By Ashwani k