Back to Anomaly Detection in Time Series Data with Keras

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Anomaly Detection in Time Series Data with Keras by Coursera Project Network

4.2

In this hands-on introduction to anomaly detection in time series data with Keras, you and I will build an anomaly detection model using deep learning. Specifically, we will be designing and training an LSTM autoencoder using the Keras API with Tensorflow 2 as the backend to detect anomalies (sudden price changes) in the S&P 500 index. We will also create interactive charts and plots using Plotly Python and Seaborn for data visualization and display our results in Jupyter notebooks. This course runs on Coursera's hands-on project platform called Rhyme. On Rhyme, you do projects in a hands-on manner in your browser. You will get instant access to pre-configured cloud desktops containing all of the software and data you need for the project. Everything is already set up directly in your internet browser so you can just focus on learning. For this project, you’ll get instant access to a cloud desktop with Python, Jupyter, and Keras pre-installed. Notes: - You will be able to access the cloud desktop 5 times. However, you will be able to access instructions videos as many times as you want. - This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

SP
Jun 8, 2020

It is good. step by step so I can understand. but unfortunately there are no subtitle.

JW

I love how well he explained everything and made it simple to follow

1 - 25 of 50 Reviews for Anomaly Detection in Time Series Data with Keras

By Stéphane F

Jun 1, 2020

Litteraly awful. A waste of time when you just copy code without explanation. It's actually worse when you know about what you could do, and you compare it to the level of this project. Also, there's no interpretation of the model's results. When you're done writting the code mindlessly, the project is done.

By Wim P

Dec 2, 2020

Looks very similar to other courses/tutorials online. Forum questions going into why the method works are not answered.

Coursera should really start auditing these short projects, because they destroy the good reputation from other courses.

If I could , I would have given 0 stars.

By Joerg A

The quiz has a question about "image anomaly detection" - not fitting the course.

There is little explanation, especially what the influence of the parameters are. Most of the time one spends typing and the aloted rhyme time is way too short. I was watching at 2x speed (an annotation told to use 1.5x speed) AND WAS STILL NOT FINISHED when the allotted time was over.

Think hard if you want to pay money for that stressed learning pace.

By Amit D

Pathetic experience! I see that this is a good idea executed poorly. Clearly Rhyme is not ready yet. I experienced the following issues. 1. Long connection times for Rhyme. In many cases, the desktop didn't even connect. 2. The keyboard of your machine is not synced with Rhyme's desktop. So, certain keys (e.g. CAPS LOCK) don't work. 3. The instructor doesn't explain why he is doing something, just does it.

Coursera should apologize for wasting my time.

By Vikram I

Jul 27, 2020

Rhyme is Bogus. The instructor did a fairly good job. Good for a quick refresher. Do not expect any conceptual stuff. It is for people who know the theory and need some practice doing applied DL on Time Series.

By Xiaoer H

Jul 1, 2020

1. The platform is not easy to use. The mouse sensitivity is lagging, some shortcuts, like "CapsLock" and the number keyboard cannot be used normally.

2. The instructor didn't explain why he does everything. He just did, and you just need to follow what he typed. After the project, you still didn't learn a lot.

3. I would recommend you just use Youtube to learn the same project and use Google Colab to run everything on your own computer. That way you can learn everything on a better platform for an unlimited time, and for free.

By Mohannad B

Jun 29, 2020

Not very clear and some questions in the forum needs to be answered, however, the instructor did not answer them

By yasser h

When I was taken this guided project, I was attracted by the title (Anomaly Detection in time series), but when I started the project I was very unsatisfied, I found little bit of explanation about the theory behind each steps of coding (no picture, no schema), without any explanation even for dimension of input and output. and finally I was surprised by the time to work on the cloud is limited, and it got me out the cloud before finishing the code. Doesn't recommend it

By Simon S R

Sep 4, 2020

hardly any explanation for the given model is provided. There are plenty of other tutorials on the web that go into more details.

By Guillaume H

Aug 7, 2020

Full of conceptual errors, the presenter doesn't master the subject, this is obvious. Very disappointed by this project, Coursera used to be better than this!

By swarnima

May 6, 2020

It is one of the best guided project I came through on coursera. The project is of intermediate level, quite clear and understandable. The instructor from rhyme was quite good. He explained every part, every function and reason behind their use quite clearly. I recommend this to anyone who is already into time series forecasting and wants to improve his/her skills into it.

By Sanal P

Aug 24, 2020

This course is very well structured and delivered. Progressive introduction of concepts and intuitive description by Snehan really give a sense of understanding even for the more complex area of the training. Amazing course for people looking to understand the functions of an IDS. Definitely will help me in my future modelling efforts.

By Octavio A T N

Jun 1, 2020

This guide is incredible, easy to understand for beginners in the field like me, I'm really grateful because it helps me a lot.

By Suci K P

Jun 9, 2020

By Jacoby W

I love how well he explained everything and made it simple to follow

By Prajwal P

Aug 12, 2020

Nice course to learn the use of LSMT and autoencoder combined.

By Adonia S

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent way of teaching and also good teacher as well

By Deepak G

Jun 13, 2020

Very well explained. Instructor knows what to do.

By Khushbu G

An informative course, worth spending time on!

By M V

Nov 22, 2020

Awesome course, learnt a lot of new things.

By Jose M