Back to Brain Tumor Classification Using Keras

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Brain Tumor Classification Using Keras by Coursera Community Project Network

In this 2-hour-long guided project, we will use an efficient net model and train it on a Brain MRI dataset. This dataset has more than 3000 Brain MRI scans which are categorized in four classes - Glioma Tumor, Meningioma Tumor, Pituitary Tumor and No Tumor. Our objective in this project is to create an image classification model that can predict Brain MRI scans that belong to one of the four classes with a reasonably high accuracy. Please note that this dataset, and the model that we train in the project, is for educational purposes only. Project Prerequisite: Before you attempt this project, you should be familiar with programming in Python. You should also have a theoretical understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks, and optimization techniques. This is a hands on, practical project that focuses primarily on implementation, and not on the theory behind Convolutional Neural Networks. We will be carrying out the entire project on the Google Colab environment so you will need a free Gmail account to complete this project. This Guided Project was created by a Coursera community member....

MP
May 10, 2021

Excellent content, now I know how "simple" it is to build this type of model with such accuracy.\n\nThank you very much!

MM
Jun 27, 2021

I am an absolute beginner and I just followed along with Mr. Arya and was successful! Learned a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Reviews for Brain Tumor Classification Using Keras

By Sıla O

May 20, 2021

It was super beneficial, just wanted to learn more about not getting the data from GitHub but also getting it from our libraries or our drive and then preparing that data, grayscaling, filtering, and extracting features from them.

By Marco P

May 11, 2021

Thank you very much!

By Molly S M

Jun 28, 2021

By ARJUN K

Apr 26, 2021

I haven't seen a better guided project during all my time learning at Coursera.

By Hamza K

May 27, 2021

great course

By Joram B

May 16, 2021

By Yashvander B

Jul 31, 2021

Although, the project is well organised into sections and all the resources are readily available. The main problem I encountered was the explanation part. The instructor seems to be reading the code as he types it. I'd expect it to be more explanatory, say for example, the ImageDataGenerator from TensorFlow, the instructor just typed in parameters like it is obvious to know what are the parameters to be passed. As far as I'm concerned I had an idea about many of the things used and also looked at docs alongside, but for someone starting to learn about computer vision might have a hard time in understanding. I understand that this is a guided project and there is very less time to talk about the theory, but libraries, functions, classes are needed to be briefed.