Back to Build a Recommender System in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Build a Recommender System in Python by Coursera Project Network

In this 2-hour long project-based course, you will learn how to build a Recommender System in Python. Youtube, Amazon, Google, Netflix…. all of these well-known services are known for their 'magic' algorithms that uncannily predict what videos or movies we would enjoy or what products we might be interested in buying. But how do these recommender systems work? Fortunately, they are simple enough to be understood by the average Python programmer. By the time you've finished "Build a Recommender System in Python", you'll have coded by hand 4 different types of recommender systems that mimic the techniques of Amazon, Netflix, and YouTube. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

1 - 4 of 4 Reviews for Build a Recommender System in Python

By Abhinav S

Apr 15, 2021

Terrible course. Instructor simply copy/pastes the code with minimum to no explanation. Methods explained are all wrapped-up in 7-8 minute videos. The total content is around 30 mins or so and very superficial. Youtube videos are far more informative than this. Split-window platform is very annoying with tiny fonts. Wish some rating was available on the internet about this course. Worst use of time and money.

By Charles I N I

Feb 16, 2021

Best course on recommenders I've come across. Thorough explanations, and learning tool works fine, despite other reviewers seemingly unable to make it work (sounds like a personal problem to me!). Definitely worth the 10$ value, especially considering you receive a certificate.

By Xiaoyun H

Feb 13, 2021

This course is one of the worst courses I have taken, ever. Content is old, no slides, very limited explanation, the interactive coding tool doesn't work at all. It has the same or even lower value than reading an article from Medium and it costs you $10. I want my money back please.

By Ashima m

Mar 29, 2021

None of the dataset files were downloaded.....I don know what was the reason..."please wait a while" text was being shown everytime despite good internet connectivity. Hence i wasnt able to execute any of the program online or offline.