Back to Introduction to Kotlin 1

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Kotlin 1 by Coursera Project Network

In this 1-hour long project-based course, you will learn how to declare and intialize variables in Kotlin with understanding of nullability and how to handle it, do type checking and casting in Kotlin and use arrays....

1 - 1 of 1 Reviews for Introduction to Kotlin 1

By Rick P

Apr 21, 2021

Horrible audio. Many kotlin tutorials (in fact all of the ones I have listened to) are easier to understand, and I would say they do as good a job of explaining kotlin fundamentals. I found two errors in the video, and the section on for loops does show a working way to do them, but not the kotlin (idiomatic) way. As the first course I have paid for on coursera, it was a huge let down. The older free course (of course non for kotlin) were much better made. Very disappointed. Oh, one last thing, the quiz, said "Incorrect. Correct." for one question but did not give me the point! The question was which of these is capable of storing a null value: 1) var name: String? = "Bob" --OR-- 2) var name: String = "bob" --- the correct answer (1) gave me no points!! Very disappointed. A shame I could not give 0 stars.