Back to Machine Learning Feature Selection in Python

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Machine Learning Feature Selection in Python by Coursera Project Network

4.0

In this 1-hour long project-based course, you will learn basic principles of feature selection and extraction, and how this can be implemented in Python. Together, we will explore basic Python implementations of Pearson correlation filtering, Select-K-Best knn-based filtering, backward sequential filtering, recursive feature elimination (RFE), estimating feature importance using bagged decision trees, lasso regularization, and reducing dimensionality using Principal Component Analysis (PCA). We will focus on the simplest implementation, usually using Scikit-Learn functions. All of this will be done on Ubuntu Linux, but can be accomplished using any Python I.D.E. on any operating system. We will be using the IDLE development environment to demonstrate several feature selection techniques using the publicly available Pima Diabetes dataset. I would encourage learners to experiment using these techniques not only for feature selection, but hyperparameter tuning as well. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

1 - 8 of 8 Reviews for Machine Learning Feature Selection in Python

By Christian P

Aug 02, 2020

Course was useless. Videos of instructor writing out some lines of code, and mispronouncing words he must be reading from a script. The point it is to understand how to interpret and use the results of the code. He simply glances over it with "here's your output!". One example even failed when he used incorrect syntax, and he closed it, and moved onto next example. Another example had him actually saying "well this isn't a good example for this", but then proceeds to teach with this "bad example". Clearly too lazy to put together a good example for a course.

Worst class taken on Coursera - can't believe I paid for it...

By Jarin t t

Jul 20, 2020

There was very little explanation. There was nothing to do for me. How can it be a project centered course! I wonder.

By GHEORGHIȚĂ A

Jul 12, 2020

I learning something interesting, we can do many think with python, machine learning, AI

By Zaid R

Aug 05, 2020

Thanks, I truly appreciate all information

By sanjeev s

Aug 05, 2020

good

By Ali T

Aug 07, 2020

You get the basics on all the feature engineering algorithms you can use but no explanation on what the results mean or how to interpret them. I could have searched all of this up and it would have given me better explanations. Even worst the rhyme.com constantly kept on changing docks for me and I couldn't figure out why either. Definitely not worth the money.

By Thanh N N

Sep 03, 2020

very disappointed! I couldn't find the code for later videos to download, only the first video has downloadable script. There are errors in the script, the dataset Pima has less rows than the original data on UIC. What's the point of paying $9.99 for the bugged code? Each video is less than 5', only 8 videos in this project, not even any slides/ppt to describe/summarize methods... Why I have to pay for a bugged script and get nothing out of this?

By Wolfgang P

Oct 01, 2020

Close to no explanation why are things done this way and not different. Certificate can hardly be used as signed by Prof. John Doe