Back to Python Geospatial Data Analysis

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Python Geospatial Data Analysis by Coursera Project Network

4.0

Note: Read the prerequisites carefully. If you do not know intermediate pandas and intermediate Python you will not be able to understand this project. This guided project is for beginners who want to learn about geospatial data analysis using Python. You will analyze crime data from the Boston Police Department. It is a clean dataset, so you can get straight to generating interactive maps. While you are watching me code, you will get a cloud desktop with all the required software pre-installed. This will allow you to code along with me. After all, we learn best with active, hands-on learning. Generate interactive maps in under an hour, just like this: https://vinitasilaparasetty.github.io/coursera-spatial-data-analysis/ By the end of this project, you will know how to generate maps using folium and analyze geospatial data using geovisualization. Then you will learn how to identify possible contributing factors for the problem statement. Special Features: 1) Learn a cool hack using one line of code to convert a jupyter notebook into a dashboard. 2) After you complete this project, you get a jupyter notebook of all the work you covered. It acts as a useful learning tool that you can refer to at any time in the future. 3) Examples for logical thinking required for geospatial data analysis are provided. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

1 - 17 of 17 Reviews for Python Geospatial Data Analysis

By A. M R

Feb 2, 2021

Multiple crashes and unexplained errors when copying the code verbatim from the video. Impossible to figure out what's going on. I found an explanation of one error in the discussion and fixed it, then after restarting the Jupyter notebook the same code (after previously working once) started throwing a different error. Frustrating!

By Asma D

Dec 10, 2020

This course isn't for beginners although it says so.

By David A

Jan 11, 2021

Worst Online Course Experience ever. The code showed won't work since it needs adjustments, but the worst part is that the course is basically one person just reading code for 30mins straight, without any guidance, explanations, or logic. This course was only useful because of what I learnt after I had to google all the answers that were not answered by the "instructor". Don't waste your money.

By Raul B M

Nov 22, 2020

I feel like I gained nothing from this course. All I did was type what the instructor told me to type for about 40 minutes. I did not gain any knowledge on what the lines of code were for, as well as how to adapt them to my own datasets. I also did not have enough opportunities to even practice the analysis of the geospatial data itself. Unfortunately, this course was a waste of time.

By Olivia L

Dec 31, 2020

She just read the code. The online tool is hard to use. You can find codes about a similar project online (just search folium, heatmap, etc.)

By datamonger b

Dec 10, 2020

The code was written isn’t working and there is no resource for assistance. Not as “guided” as I hoped.

By RONALD R R V

Oct 8, 2020

Curso básico para entender fundamentos de coordenadas con el uso de folium, se hace necesario complementar el uso de las funciones de folium, y en lo posible que estos cursos tenga subtítulos en cualquier idioma, ya que en algunos videos los subtítulos estaban disponibles.

By KUBİLAY S

Oct 4, 2020

Education was excellent. It was very enjoyable and educational to produce a crime heat map with codes in a virtual environment. Thank you very much to our teacher.

By David G V

Nov 2, 2020

The course if very short and concise but it helped me a lot to know various options in representing geospatial data using python.

By Ashraf

Mar 2, 2021

I am greatly thankful to the instructor whoever initiate it. No word could suffice to my greatful.

By Luis l L L

Dec 29, 2020

you can use what you learn in many projects

By Mary R L

Nov 4, 2020

I wish the forum could be more interactive.

By Onel p

Nov 1, 2020

Is ok interesting

By Vaishnavi A

Sep 19, 2020

A good course. Many new functions of python got to know from this course. Instructions by instructor are good as well.

By Anjali G

Jan 14, 2021

It'd have helped if the code was explained slightly.

By shiva k P

Mar 1, 2021

The concepts involved are not explained clearly. I would not recommend you to take this. You can learn much more indepth by taking kaggle's "geospace analysis" course which is for free!

By Jorge H G G

Feb 26, 2021

I do not recommend taking this type of course, take one and pass it, however after a few days I have tried to review the material, and my surprise is that it asks me to pay again to be able to review the material. Of course coursera gives me a small discount for having already paid it previously.

It is very easy to download the videos and difficult to get hold of the material, but with ingenuity it is possible. Then I recommend uploading them to YouTube and keeping them private for when they want to consult (they avoid legal problems and can share with friends), then they can request a refund.