Back to Perform Real-Time Object Detection with YOLOv3

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Perform Real-Time Object Detection with YOLOv3 by Coursera Project Network

3.7

In this 1-hour long project-based course, you will perform real-time object detection with YOLOv3: a state-of-the-art, real-time object detection system. Specifically, you will detect objects with the YOLO system using pre-trained models on a GPU-enabled workstation. To apply YOLO to videos and save the corresponding labelled videos, you will build a custom command-line application in Python that employs a pre-trained model to detect, localize, and classify objects. It will use OpenCV to read the video streams, draw bounding boxes around detected objects, label the objects along with confidence scores, and save the labelled videos to disk. This course runs on Coursera's hands-on project platform called Rhyme. On Rhyme, you do projects in a hands-on manner in your browser. You will get instant access to pre-configured cloud desktops containing all of the software and data you need for the project. Everything is already set up directly in your internet browser so you can just focus on learning. For this project, you’ll get instant access to a cloud desktop with Python, Jupyter, and Keras pre-installed. Notes: - You will be able to access the cloud desktop 5 times. However, you will be able to access instructions videos as many times as you want. - This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

SG

Sep 29, 2020

This Project course is really helpful for me. I was trying to implement yolo in my project and this course helped how to implement YOLO from scratch.

MH

It is very much helpful for my new project call face recognition.if u are interested in doing computer vision types work this course may help you.

1 - 25 of 57 Reviews for Perform Real-Time Object Detection with YOLOv3

By Asad K

Jun 12, 2020

This is the second guided project I have tried on Coursera and the second consecutive time I have been disappointed. There is a severe disconnect between the description of the project and the actual material. Specifically, the following points in the project description were never discussed:

2. Explore the Dataset

3.Setup Training and Validation Data Generators

4. Create a Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) Model

5. Train and Evaluate Model

6. Save and Serialize Model as JSON String

7. Create a Flask App to Serve Predictions

9. Design an HTML Template for the Flask App

10. Use Model to Recognize Facial Expressions in Videos (?? why is this here anyway?)

There were the good old days when you could access high-quality material on Coursera for free. Alas, now it seems you pay for outright false advertisements and subpar material. I keep coming back out of sheer optimism but if it keeps going in this direction the future of this platform looks bleak to me.

By Muhammad M

May 08, 2020

Did not get anything other than getting to know what commands to enter into the terminal to run the code. The commands are already there on the darknet website but I am not sure why the fuck is this course designed like this to waste your time and get nothing out of this project.

By abhinav M

The course description was misleading. The tutor only laid down some simple scripts and never talked about creating a neural network from scratch or whatever. This is a delusional course and must be taken offline immediately, This is a fake course. If possible please refund my money. I do not see an option for that. I felt cheated!

By Rhitvik S

May 02, 2020

The quiz is entirely unrelated to the project. Used to better from Coursera, this course is haphazardly structured.

By Рюмин Д

May 23, 2020

The course does not match the description. The authors of the course declare in the description of topics that in fact have not been touched at all. Maybe my link was different, but so far I am very disappointed ...

By Shoumik D

Apr 11, 2020

The yolov3 python file was missing. Couldn't complete the entire project. The graded quiz was on 'facial recognition' whereas the project was on 'object detection with YOLOv3'

By Ha T L

Jun 29, 2020

The course does not match its description at all. Learned nothing!

By Shubhkarmandeep K

Apr 20, 2020

Not enough knowledge was provided

By Julien B

Jul 10, 2020

Waste of time - Not as described - Tons of errors (e.g. missing file) - Final test is 1 true/false question. Laughable content - A shame to Coursera

By Shehroz A

Jun 14, 2020

The Worst external tool is used in this Project.

By Tanmoy B

Apr 05, 2020

most apathetic instructor

By NARESH K K J

Apr 08, 2020

While start learning it seems to very difficult and i cant the follow the instruction on both the side by practicing it seems to easy and learnt a new stream techonolgy from this course ,I thank who support for me

By Md. H H

By Ansuman D

Apr 14, 2020

quiz was not about the project

By 马韶光

Jun 13, 2020

为什么没有看到课程更多内容只看到了大纲就结束了?

By Islam F

Jun 18, 2020

It is a good course in terms of walking you through the project and giving you insights about different performance metrics. I would love to see in the future more courses that dedicate a lesson on configuring the working environment for the students, since most of us will have to do it anyway on our machines after the course. It doesn't make sense to ignore this aspect.

By HAY a

Jun 27, 2020

Great course and I actually build some cool stuff out of the 1-2 hour training. Great lecture by Mr. Snehan Kekre! Love the course so much and I hope there will be more course on data processing and preparation for training and testing a machine learning algorithm as well as their deployment on the web app and mobile.

By SIDDARTH G

Sep 29, 2020

By Omkar k

This course was awesome and clear my many doubts .In this course I learnt a lot about real time object detection and use of yolov3. Thank you

By Herman T

Jun 03, 2020

It will be great if setting up the development environment would be great. But the course is exactly what i was looking for

By Mohamed R M H

Sep 25, 2020

Just a great idea to have a hands-on project with Coursera, Thanks for the instructor and Coursera team

By SACHIN V S

Audio of the speaker was missing in some parts. Please insert subtitles.

By Gangone R