Back to RESTful API with HTTP and JavaScript

Learner Reviews & Feedback for RESTful API with HTTP and JavaScript by Coursera Project Network

4.3

In this project you will take advantage of a search engine application interface created by a third party developer and create a useful recipe search engine web page that you can either use on your own computer or host it on the web to show to friends. By the end of the project, you will understand the principles of REST, API and write code in JavaScript to interface with other systems in web pages. *** Important Update! Please Read Before You Proceed *** After the 31st of January, one of the third-party servers that the course reply on ceased to function. As a result, I have created my own replacement server. You will need to follow the following changes to the course content: 1. Where https://cors-anywhere.herokuapp.com/ is mentioned, substitute https://skycors.skyroute66.com/?target= 2. The only place it is used in the code should be in the file kitchenblue.js. The after-class contents that will be emailed to you has been updated to reflect this change so you will not need to make any changes to it. Thank you for your attention and for taking my class!...

PS
May 5, 2020

instructors way easy explained and understanding without making more efforts keep it up make more courses

BS
Jun 1, 2020

A very short and simple understanding of API integrations and secure methods of taking the inputs.

1 - 25 of 80 Reviews for RESTful API with HTTP and JavaScript

By Dhruv M

The Rhyme virtual machine/station was not working for me. It was showing 'Connecting...' through out the session. I was not able to practice anything. Moreover, I haven't received any resource material yet. It was told that I will get the material in my mail but I didn't. From where to download. Highly unacceptable and unprofessional.

By ANANYA G

The course, more than hands-on, felt like we are making no changes to any code and instead of learning the concept behind what we are doing, it was just a drag-along where all you do is un-comment the code which is already written. It didn't feel insightful at all.

By Matt O

Aug 7, 2020

This "course" is terrible. It's literally like copying 5 snippets of JS and teaches you nothing about how to actually do it. ajax.request is totally glossed over; anything that would deepen or expand your understanding of RESTful APIs and JS is skipped over or referred to as supplemental reading.

Instead the (terrible) instructor fumbles his way through a JS file and has you copy and past his comments into the text.

DO NOT TAKE THIS COURSE

By Pulkit J

Rhyme is not a good platform because one you get a very small desktop to work, on which working is just impossible and the other thing it is also limited. And most of all course actually doesn't teaches you much and is a very short

By Irfanul H

Jul 4, 2020

Not worthy to learn!

By Akanksha K

The interface was quite lagging and was difficult to use , I lost my internet connectivity halfway through the course and could not later on continue with later modules

By VPK

Sep 18, 2020

The left side of the project window did not display anything. So, it was primarily a video. Towards the end even the video stopped playing. Most disappointed as I fee I have wasted the money I paid for the course.

By Kamil G

May 6, 2020

Very short and easy to learn for RESTful API

By Dr. P W

It's so useful for beginners

Jun 3, 2020

This guided project is good but the problem I faced with this project is the internet is bad and I couldn't view the guided projects. But the instructor and the course are good.

By Marco V

Dec 31, 2020

Too basic. The instructor skips a lot of important topics. All you have to do is add or commenting code snippets. Rhyme's VM didn't work correctly: editing the code was really challenging. Even 8$ are too much for this course

By Gauri K

Feb 19, 2021

Please fix the workspace, as I need to fresh my page more than 20 times still it was not working. Need a good explanation.

By Manish B

Feb 26, 2021

The course is too basic and the split-screen editor has a really bad user experience due to slowness

By Kajsa V U

Feb 28, 2021

Only uncommenting code does not make you learn!

By Rodrigo B d S C

Jun 29, 2020

It gives a good overview of how api and how to work with json files. It is a more advanced project, so I though it was good to focus just in this this topics. It gives an important tip to be aware of cross-siting scripts.

By Poonam S

May 5, 2020

By bhavya s

Jun 2, 2020

By Siddardha L

Aug 26, 2020

Learnt something new, glad I have enrolled in the course, looking forward to doing more of them.

By SHWETA M

Apr 30, 2020

I enjoyed the course and learned a lot from it .The explanation of the topics was perfect.

By Abanoub A

Aug 3, 2020

So good if you want to have handson with API using ajax calls. very recommended.

By Aisawan P

Jun 28, 2020

Clear explanation on the topic. I also learn new trick to use with Atom. Thanks!

By khalil k

May 7, 2020

you must have basics of html,css javascript,jquery,,,, but it's helpfully

By Danish S

Jul 13, 2020

Good course for beginners to understand and use Rest API.

By Yash M

May 14, 2020

good course to quickly brush up your skills

By Eduardo A C C

Aug 3, 2020

Buenos datos e introducción a REST